In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doe down

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Been seeing some amazing quality and quantity of deer this year. finally connected on a doe we watched come in from a 1/2 mile out to 6 yrds right in front of me. NOt the best pic fut I was running late to get to my Grandmothers Christmas. [:D]

treelinedoe2011.jpg

This is one of the bucks we've seen, he is small in comparison to the others but still a fairly decent deer. I call him Tall Boy

Tallboy.jpg

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Went hunting during the youth gun season here in Ohio and bagged me a doe with my bow. All on film of course. Shot her today which was November the 20th. Makes my third deer this season with stick and string!

30582010150375936092199.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    edited November -1
    Friday morning I scored a doe with the bow. Not the best hit I ever put on a deer, and one of the worst blood trails I have had yet, but about 100 yards from where I shot, I found her. She turned into the arrow and made for the bad angle. Hit back of shoulder blade, out through the far side knee, broke the upper leg bone in 4 pieces.

60lb 28" Monster 7 with a 505 gr Victory VAP arrow tipped with a Viper Trick head. Penetration is not a problem....

Before someone observant sees it... There are 2 arrows missing from the quiver... The other was shot AT a turkey at about 65 yards. Close enough to make him jump, but no connection there. The turkeys came in just after I shot the deer. I was giving some time with the bad hit and figured why not?

RACDoe_zps464b6d30.jpg
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting. That is a nice sized doe. Most of our bucks here in Eastern Virginia are not that big.

Congrats.

Don
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bout damn time you connected, I was beginning to think after our conversation I was gonna have to shoot one for ya[8D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Bout damn time you connected, I was beginning to think after our conversation I was gonna have to shoot one for ya[8D][:D]

I've killed 4 so far this year, unfortunately this is the only one that we got the video on. Hard for me to brag about killin if I cant get them on film like im supposed to [:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know how many you killed, I also remember our talk/text about the "bad" day you had about a week or two ago... I might forget the wifes bday but not when a bud tells me how bad or good his huntin day went [:D]

quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

I've killed 4 so far this year, unfortunately this is the only one that we got the video on. Hard for me to brag about killin if I cant get them on film like im supposed to [:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice sized doe. Congrats
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    congrads bud nice doe