In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Elk hunting

saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
Arizona results are out we have 7 Bull tags this year. Can't wait for November.

Comments

• Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys. Never posted on the bow side before. Been bowhunting/ hunting in general for about 10 years. I'm looking for an archery elk hunt that won't get me divorced. We're on a budget. This is a first time hunting trip for me and a few friends, so I'm doing the research for next year. I'm sure some of you live in elk country or know of some good spots. I'd like to hear your opinions, as this is all new to me. Thanks.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    taco just got back from an elk hunt, hopefully he will have some input for you. I've never been myself. Welcome to the archery side
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    An over the counter public land tag in CO runs about $500 for a non-resident. I think CO is your best bet for bringing home some meat wihout breaking the bank. To get into a unit with BIG bulls will take 10-15 years. But an over the counter tag in units 70,60,62, or 65 can be had every year and have success rates of around 15%.
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Yup go to Colorado[;)][:)]