In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mathews z-max

BIGHEAD TBIGHEAD T Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
I just had the opportunity to buy a used Z-Max in very good condition. I would like some info on this bow.

Comments

• Options
    BIGHEAD TBIGHEAD T Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please rate for me. I have been out of bowhunting for awhile due to a bad shoulder but I'm trying to pick it up again. I"ve shot a few deer in the past using Whitetail 2, Pearson spoiler, and Jennings machined extreme. I got a good deal on this rig and it looks to be in great shape. Its fast and Quiet but I think a few years old. Any body out there still use this?? Let me know what you think of a Z-Max.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    C&P from Mathews web site.

Z-Max
    The Bow that broke the two cam speed barrier.
    Remember the old days when two cam bows were faster? The Zmax, with its perimeter-weighted MaxCam and radically-designed reflex AeroRiser changed that forever! Weighing in atjust 3 1/4 lbs., the Z-Max launches arrows at speeds in excess of 320 fps!
    The Z-Max is a discontinued model. This information is for reference only.

Introduced 1997
    Discontinued 2001

Hope that helps. Oh and Welcome back![;)]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Mathews so you'll be alright.[;)]
    Z-Max and the Z-Light were my 1st two Mathews nice bows for their time but I Upgraded to the Switchback.[:D]