In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Mountain rifle

idaho cowboyidaho cowboy Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
I found a Browning Mountain Rifle for sale,50 caliber. Do you know the value?

Comments

• Options
    idaho cowboyidaho cowboy Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to have some feed back concerning the Browning Mountain rifle. How well do the shoot when proper loads are worked up? Any problems? How is the fit and finish? Any other information would be appreciated. Thanks Steve
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased two; a .45 and .50 cal., used, from a friend. I have not shot them. The overall fit and finish is excellant. It is probably the best reproduction of the Hawken for a machine made rifle. The stock does not have the subtle shaping of a hand shaped stock, but it is darn good. The lock parts are substantial and should give long service. The inletting of the lock and barrel is excellant. The single set trigger works well and can be fired either set or unset, which I like for hunting. The sights on the .45 are narrower than the .50. I like the wider sight. The bore is smooth and should give accuracy as good as any other quality barrel. My impression is it is a high quality, traditional looking
    rifle that should give years of service.