In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RUGER OLD ARMY

davespc2davespc2 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I have a new pair of 7.5 Ruger Old Army BP pistols....would they sell on GB? NIB?..They have fixed sites

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is a new stainless Old Army Ruger worth for a decent deal at the gun shop?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello, I have a dumb question if anyone can help. Curiosity finally got the best of me because I've always heard how much fun shooting Cap and Ball was, SO, I just purchased a Ruger Old Army 45 Cal. I have read a little about the supplies needed and purchased the caps, prelubed wads, lead in 457 and some powder. I also bought Pyrodex pellets recommended by the guy at the store, but when I got it home, the pellets read 45/50 for 45 caliber in-lines? I don't have a clue but I think he sold me the wrong stuff, your opinion is welcome. I would also welcome any recommendations for loading like powder, caps, etc...most of you hear are FAR more savy about this than I am.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of buying one of these. Are there any thoughts as to which one is more popular, the 5-1/2" or the 7-1/2" barrels? Steel or S.Steel? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a old army and was wondering what could a guy get for it on a auction and do I have to have a FFL handle the deal on a auction

Its been shot a few time but cleaned very well I do not have the box/papers(burnd in a fire)
    it does have a nice holster
    if you need a few pics
    I'll send them to you so you can give a good price on what to expect
    rdagent-51@gmail.com
    agent-51@cox.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody know what a Ruger Old Army with a 5 1/2 inch barrel is worth?
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the last couple years a lot of guys who shoot C&B in cowboy shooting have been getting the 5 1/2. Stainless is always good, but it's more a matter of what you prefer asthecically. They are fine pistols, the strongest C&B made.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the 7 1/2 myself. Easier to hit with. Depends on what you are going to use it for. These are no longer in production so you are looking at used or new old stock. See them on the Auction side here from time to time.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I can tell,the 5 1/2 incher is popular and seems to be morein demand.Cost is more also.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I have a NIB 7 1/2" blued model, circa 1982 if your interested I'll list it. Email vikkib@earthlink.net
    W.D.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you would like the 7 1/2". I find it a fun and surprising accurate revolver. I am getting ready to order a 45 long colt conversion cylinder just for fun. I think the 5 1/2" barrel would be nice also.
  • Options
    03lover03lover Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ruger Old Army has been discontinued. Any new ones still available are bringing high prices as are good used ones.
  • Options
    whitethronebookswhitethronebooks Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The Ruger Old Army has been discontinued.
    Well, sort of. Ruger made a fair number this year (2009) from existing parts. I bought one of the new ones on gunbroker. The news was leaked on www.rugerforum.com back in the spring.

Davidson's (a distributor) bought a bunch of 'em.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=54066
    http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=53121&highlight=ruger+army
    http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=64820&highlight=armys