In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger old army

Raven-6Raven-6 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I have a new pair of 7.5 Ruger Old Army BP pistols....would they sell on GB? NIB?..They have fixed sites

Comments

• Raven-6Raven-6 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is a new stainless Old Army Ruger worth for a decent deal at the gun shop?
    edited November -1
    Hello, I have a dumb question if anyone can help. Curiosity finally got the best of me because I've always heard how much fun shooting Cap and Ball was, SO, I just purchased a Ruger Old Army 45 Cal. I have read a little about the supplies needed and purchased the caps, prelubed wads, lead in 457 and some powder. I also bought Pyrodex pellets recommended by the guy at the store, but when I got it home, the pellets read 45/50 for 45 caliber in-lines? I don't have a clue but I think he sold me the wrong stuff, your opinion is welcome. I would also welcome any recommendations for loading like powder, caps, etc...most of you hear are FAR more savy about this than I am.
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of buying one of these. Are there any thoughts as to which one is more popular, the 5-1/2" or the 7-1/2" barrels? Steel or S.Steel? Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I have a old army and was wondering what could a guy get for it on a auction and do I have to have a FFL handle the deal on a auction

Its been shot a few time but cleaned very well I do not have the box/papers(burnd in a fire)
    it does have a nice holster
    if you need a few pics
    I'll send them to you so you can give a good price on what to expect
    rdagent-51@gmail.com
    agent-51@cox.net
    edited November -1
    Anybody know what a Ruger Old Army with a 5 1/2 inch barrel is worth?
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at all the listings!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

These are valuable guns, go from $400 to $600, depending.

You don't need an FFL, these are considered muzzleloaders and are not regulated by Federal law.

Don't try to ship one to NY city, or New Jersey.
  • CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you sell your Old Army? If not, could you post some photos?
    THANKS............CookE