In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

17 Hornet

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Ask the Experts
I been using a 17hmr for some years now to stroke a few bunny's out with great success. How does the 17 hornet fair up ??

Regards Mond [:)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Are there any rifles yet chambered in the new 17 Hornet by Hornady? I have the 22 Hornet, like it and am interested in the 17 version.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are there any 17 Hornet rifles out there actually for sale? I see models posted on the Savage website. I see ammo for sale. I hear Ruger will offer it, but I see no guns for sale anywhere.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    Are there any 17 Hornet rifles out there actually for sale? I see models posted on the Savage website. I see ammo for sale. I hear Ruger will offer it, but I see no guns for sale anywhere.

Apparently just must be scarce at present, here is a review of the Savage Model 25s by Craig Boddington fairly recently:
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/a-hotter-hornet-the-savage-model-25-review/

As stated Savage does list its Model 25s in .17 Hornet, but not seeing the .17 Hornet on Ruger's website yet.
    I would email Savage Arms for availability of the Savage 25s in .17 Hornet and who may have any in stock.

Regards