In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1885 winchester 22 wcf

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited November 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester 1885 WCF 22 that has aftermarket sights on in. I know there must have been a lot of sights that you could have ordered but maybe there was a standard for these guns, a 3/8 dove tail and maybe some kind of blade for the front.

Comments

• dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    can anybody tell me if a 1885 22 WCF that has been lined can be lined again? I found a really nice looking one that the liner is in really bad shape. I'm not even sure anybody makes a liner for a WCF. I know most people shot the Hornet in these old guns but I wouldn't know if a Hornet liner would work or not or even if they are made.
    I would guess the best bet would be to find a decent barrel that has not been lined and have it lined.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To know what was on it exactly when it left the factory, I suggest you get a letter from the Cody Museum. That way you can look for what you need to make your gun back into its original form, providing nothing else has been tampered with.

I highly suspect it is a Low Wall you have, but our Winchester guy, Bert H., will be along shortly, and want to know more. He collects just about everything Winchester, but is heavily into the 1885's, so be prepared for a conversation.

Best
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If no sights are listed in the ledger records, it would have been equipped with the standard Sporting sights. The high-walls were standard with a Rocky Mountain front & rear sight.
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1