In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

700 DM

MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
edited August 2012 in Ask the Experts
How much differance is there between the standard 700 BDL action, and the 700 DM. What parts (besides the stock and magazine) would be needed to switch a BDL to a DM.

Comments

• MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 700 DM with a synthetic stock (probably one of the older poorer ones). I changed the stock out for a Bell and Carlson Medallist. The issue now is that it will not feed from the magazine. I believe the problem is that the B&C is slightly thicker (top to bottom) and puts the DM too far from the bolt. How difficult is the process of inletting the trigger guard assembly to the correct depth? I either need a book to help me or a stock man somewhere near S.E. Wyo.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Make sure that the Magazine BOX is properly placed in relation to the action opening. This box is neither rigid or solid the top edge sort of snaps into the opening. when one takes a factory stock off ro remove Moisture fro a day hunting in heavy rain you can get the magazine box slightly skewed and the rifle will not feed. I bet you just have to put thing back correctly [:0][:)]
    EDIT senior momentDamn I hate it when it is written DM and I am thinking BDL[:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]
    carry on.
    edited November -1
    Perry shooter, Doesn't the "Detachable Magazine" model have to be fitted fron the spring latches on the trigger guard up? Thus making the distance from the latch to the action the important dimension?
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Milliron,

It's not difficult to fit this DM set up but it takes a mill and some judicious measuring to accomplish the task.

remm700dmstockbottom.jpg

This illustrates the inletting from the bottom viewpoint.

I'll look through my stockmakers list but I'm not hopeful for your location. You might consider shipping it...

Best.
    edited November -1
    Nononsense: Thanks so much for your input. Your response was about what I had thought. Always the optimist I had to try. Thanks again.