In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ar-10

aztilemanaztileman Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was wondering if anyone knows what an Armalite AR-10 with a CKA lower receiver is worth. I believe it is either a portuguese or guatumalin style.

Comments

• aztilemanaztileman Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I AM IN THE MARKET FOR AN AR-10 TYPE RIFLE IN .308. OTHER THAN ARMALITE, ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE TO CONSIDER THAT'S COMPARABLE? WHAT WOULD BE A FAIR PRICE FOR A NEW AND EXPERIENCED ONE? THANKS, GD
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased a DPMS panther version of the AR-10, With the factory trigger no matter how hard I brace myself or how easy I pull the trigger It still jerks to the right 3-4 inches at 50 yards. I have compentsated with the scope but im not comfortable knowing that it alwsys doesn't jerk the same. Would a better padded stock help take some of the recoil out. Can you use a AR-15 Stock? How much pull on a soft trigger would help? 3 pounds. What is the min a trigger can be set at before it becomes dangerous?
    Any help Appreciated
    edited November -1
    Everyone....

Given the demand, backlog, and changing prices, and how they may go back down, or who knows WHAT happens .... what would you buy/sell an AR-10 in 7.62x51 for ?

C'mon , not that you ARE buying/selling, just what's your number.

(I've checked the price of the 'sold' pieces on the site.)

What's your number right now. I appreciate it.

e d i t

cper - I just wanted a shot from the hip from ANYONE, not someone to muddy the water.

bean - I already DID THAT , as the original post says.

Others who may still post - I was asked to write an opinion piece . I came to an educated forum for THIER NUMBER , but I guess if all I get is noise from the replies, I'll just make sht up .
    edited November -1
    I would appreciate some advice,I'm thinking of an AR-10 for deer hunting and varmints in the winter.I'd like to keep the price under 1000.00 and the two considerations are the DPMS Oracle or the DPMS Panther Sportical.I won't be doing any long range hunting and won't be shooting competion just a good solid reliable rifle within my budget. If you have any experience with either I'd appreciate some feedback on either.
    edited November -1
    dose the ar-10 use the same stock as a ar-15

thanks
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was shooting a friends AR-10 last weekend and it sure felt like the same stock I have on my AR's. I could be wrong, but I think it is the same.

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"
  • cujo6cujo6 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The AR-10 stock "design" is the same, but because the receiver is sturdier/larger than the AR-15, the receiver extension, locking plate and locking nut are all a little larger. I know Armalite, DPMS, and most aftermarket stock suppliers can sell you the parts you need to put most AR-type stocks on the AR-10.
  • TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe it is the same, You just need a longer spring AR-10 buffer spring, and a Shorter Heavier, AR10 Buffer.