In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ar15

kycaddy24kycaddy24 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
i was looking at olympic models and was wondering what the dif. was between a plinker and regular ar15.....and what is a good economical maker of ar15(low money high accuracy...if possible).

thanks,

bandit

If you never try you will always fail.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i'm looking at a colt ar15 at a gun shop . how can i date the gun .it is a sporter with the serial # 016296 . the price of the gun screams pre-ban and would only be worth thecost if it turns out to be so .it is in fine condition , it has a 16" barrel with what i think is a flash suppresor , a round foreend ,but no bayonet lug .the asking price is $1300 + tax. is that a fair price ? thanks for any help provided , steve
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hi my name is donnie i'm a cpl. in the marine corps i'm currently in iraq hating this place poophole anyways my question is i bought an ar-15 made by bushmaster and i was wondeing how i can make it shoot burst like my m-16 that i currently carry over here the only difference to me that i can tell is the lower reciever where the safety is there any thing that i can buy to make it shoot on burst or can i buy a new lower reciever some where that has the trigger assemly that already has the burst feature onit??????? thanks
    cpl. donnie k
    SEMPER FI
    USMC
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looling for a compairision between the S&W ar and the Bushmaster M4 A3 16inch carbine, would also like to understand the differance in the patrolmans model.
    Thanks for any help you can give me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i need some help with picking out an ar15. im not really sure which are good and which are not. what im looking for in on is a top handle with sight, 223 caliber, and id like to get the four mounting rail forearm for $1000 or less. it will be used for target and coyotes. any input in great. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I really need an unbiased opinion on what is the best configuration for an AR without having to empty out my bank account.

Which model is easiest to upgrade from say a basic or starter version?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i bought a couple of stripped a1 uppers the only marking on them are tht letters L and M was wandering if anyone knows who the manufacturer is they are unfired nib
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking to purchase my first AR15 (Olympic or Rock River Arms varmint). Being new to this, I'm trying to look at all the possibilities. I'm leaning towards purchasing an upper & lower assembly From RRA. I can save around 75.00. What will I need in addition to complete the rifle? How about Accuracy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an ar15 with both a .223 and .45acp upper. The 45acp upper is new and I reload 45acp. Therefore, I want to reuse the spent brass.
    Anyone have experience with ar15 brass catchers as sold by Cabelas, Midway, Natchez, etc?
    Just wonder if they work well, sort of or not at all. My questions come from wondering if the "mesh net" interferes with the ejection of the spent brass???
  • Options
    artvlsartvls Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LAR / Martin Marietta (Army Spares Contract) http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/