In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

benelli nova

JkentJkent Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
What is your opinion of the Benelli Nova Pump 20 Gauge, 26", 3"? I've heard they are very good and quite nice to shoot.

Comments

• JkentJkent Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone got one of these. What do you think about it?
    edited November -1
    Guy wants to sell a Benelli Nova 12 ga 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 in chamber. fully camoflaged wants $350 for it. seemed like it had an awful lot of plastic in it. how do these hold up? had box and all manuals as well as the choke tubes. i am thinking about getting this, but am leaning towards an 11-87 premier in 95% maybe a little better condition for $450.i know there is no plastic in the remington. any feedback here is appreciated.

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    edited November -1
    Anybody have any pro's or con's on the Benelli Nova? I looked at one the other day and liked it. The button that clears the round in the chamber, is a great feature.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.
    edited November -1
    American Shooter program on TV showed Benellli's new pumb shotgun for around $300. I find it hard to believe, I've always associated Benelli with $1000+ on shotguns. I mostly shoot clay pigeons, dove, quail, and some day duck. Would this be a good shotgun, or should I just keep my old reliable Remminton 870 Magnum?
    edited November -1
    ive read some reveiws of the gun and was just wondering , are they really as good as they say, a plastic sgotgun? and the mtal doesnt even look blued, more like painted. i dont know , what do you guys think?
    edited November -1
    Hello i have a freind that brags about his nova and he always says my gun is junk, i have a mossberg 835. my question is do u have any negitive output on the nova and do u think its a good gun to use for waterfoul and geese? I think I might buy one when i got the money.
    edited November -1
    Simple question: Do all the Benelli Nova pump action shotguns carry the Ducks Unlimited logo or would one that does be a special issue? Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Has anyone other than myself had problems with this gun kicking shells out the bottom while hunting? It cost me several ducks last season as my second shell ended up in the blind or in the water instead of the barrel. So whats your feelings on this gun?
    edited November -1
    my friend has a benelli nova 12 gauge shotgun that the stock broke off. i was wondering if anyone could think of a way to fix this? its broken right where a normal stock would attach. i believe there is a metal plate on the back of the receiver and i was thinking of drilling a hole in it and spot welding it to the plate in the stock. any ideas? would that work along with some gorilla glue and plastic welding? thanks
    edited November -1
    I bought a Nova several years ago for work. The gun came with a smooth bore barrel and ghost ring sights. I recently started shooting skeet and purchased another barrel. I would like to remove the ghost ring sight. It appears to simply be a case of removing two screws. I attempted to remove the screws and they did not budge. In fact the tip of the screw driver broke off. Is there more here than meets the eye?
    edited November -1
    Can someone tell me if these have a chrome lined bore? I'd like to get one ported but am told that it can't be done if they are chrome.

T.I.A.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    I'd contact benelli first
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on calling Benelli. They may fix it at no charge. How did it break? Someone drive a veh over it or do pull ups with it?
    edited November -1
    knocked a coyote over the head and it snapped