In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BROWNING BL22

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I would like to know the value of a Browning BL22 manufactured in 1977.

Comments

• EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Browning BL22 grade II.I would like to know what year it was made ? It has a glossy finish on the stock and has a few minor scraches that I would like to know what to use to touch it up ? It is in very good condition with no problems except the stock.The serial number is #70B291**.
    Thank's in advance.
    EvilDr235
    edited November -1
    Another lil underlever for my collection, This browning BL22 , small 22lr cal & one day be of use for one of the kids to shoot & earn there star !! [;)]Are they any good ? the one i have seen is mint .

Regards
    Mond over the pond. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Good gun? found a cheap one that was for sale locally. comes with a scope.at 95% what are they worth? thoughts?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been unable to find any way to fix problems with the glossy Browning stocks. Polyurethane might make scratches a little less noticeable, but not much.

Browning has serial numbers & year of manufacture on their web site. Not always accurate, but are sometimes correct.

Neal
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I was on the Browning's site, they had deleted their DOM data. My WAG from the number you gave us, is that it was made in 1970, and the "B" is the identifier that Browning used for that particular model.
    edited November -1
    I guess I can live with the scraches.1970 is alot older than I would have thought.I loaded up 18 of those 22 shells that only use the primer as the propellent.Gun worked just fine.I read somewhere else that it will also feed empty shell casings and it does.Never skipped a beat.
    EvilDr235
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    evil I just got done refinishing a bl22 for my grandson, I can also tell you that deep gloss finish is a bear to get off, I bought one that was real scratched up but good blue ect. just put a oil finish on it, the wood is gorgeous, its not quite the factory finish but a real nice gun for a kid to learn on. good luck with yours.
    edited November -1
    I have thought about it and will leave it as is.if I make it pretty,I will never shoot it.Thank's for all of your replies.
    EvilDr235