In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

C&R question

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I've got a m-92 win. up for auction here (#46161756) that has been copletely rebuilt but to all original spec's. it this still c&r transferable. A potential bidder wants to know. thanks.

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is a Colt SAA, 2nd Generation, manufactured before 1962 considered
    C&R?
    edited November -1
    I have looked and am unable to find the answer to this question.
    Can a C&R lincensee in the state of CT receive C&R eligible handguns or are they precluded under the state law of CT?
    edited November -1
    got a stevens model 620 12 guage pump shotgun that is marked stevens browning. united states property on the receiver and barrel. trying to sell it on the web sight. this, in my opinion should be a c&r gun. since it was made in wartime and is marked U.S. need to know if it is or not? any help would be appreciated. keep in mind that just because a gun is over 50 years old, does not make it a c&r. thanks
    edited November -1
    I applied back in early March. Two weeks ago I received a letter saying my application was being processed. A couple of days later I received my packet of books and letter of congratulations that I had been approved for the license but I still have not received the actual license yet. Does this sound normal or do I need to call them tomorrow?

Thanks,
    Wuchak
    edited November -1
    Is a Viet Nam era SKS C&R elligable? It's a North Vietnan manufactured and there is no solid information to determine when the firearm was manufactured.
    edited November -1
    Recently bought a Remington 341P .22 rifle on the auction side. Gun is C&R. It is definately over 50 years old. Seller refused to take C&R and had advertised it as such. I had to run it through my local FFL. I am going to run it through my C&R and log it into my bound book. My question is am I required to do this? As I recall it, any C&R aquired while you have a C&R must be loged into your bound book.
    edited November -1
    I just got my C&R license and the packet they send with it but they didn't send the "ATF-P5300.4" they did send a paper saying they were temporarily out of stock and to please re-order it by phone or on their website. I went to their website to order it but I couldn't find it. What is it used for and does it go by another name? Also I sent my application off for my C&R Oct. 24 and got my license Dec. 7.
    Thank you for your time.

Veritas vincit "Truth conquers"
    edited November -1
    I missed my renewal date [:I][:p][xx(]

Anybody know offhand if I can just send it in and get it renewed, or do I have to start over?

Thanks...
    edited November -1
    Is it "better" in BATFE's eyes to sell guns acquired on C&R to another C&R holder, than a non-license holder? In other words if you get inspected, does one "look" better than the other?

-Marcus
    edited November -1
    I have the application for C&R filled out and ready to mail. Am I supposed to take one of the copies to my local "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" or send both copies back to ATF and let them mail them a copy after its approved? I'm confused! :-)
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Stevens Tip Up pistol with the detachable stock here on GunBroker. The seller wants a C&R or an FFL. It's actualy an antique and does not require either. I have no problem giving him a copy of my C&R. My question is do I have to enter it in my bound book since it's not a C&R. I plan to enter it anyway because entering it if not necessary should not be a problem. Not entering it if somone thinks it is necessary could be a problem. Just curious if it is a necessity.
    edited November -1
    i just bought a C&R gun at an estate auction. The auction company transfered it through an FFL. Do log it into my book from the estate, the auction company, or the FFL?
    edited November -1
    hello, does anyone know if a east german Makarov is a c&r gun? thanks
    edited November -1
    question is,

i have a C&R .

I know your not to use it for business,
    if I decide to sell a C&R gun I had bought before my license can I send it to someone that has a C&R. or would it be better to just use an FFL for this sell

Also do I have to log my OLDER C&R guns into a the log now that I have a C&R.[?]
    edited November -1
    i have a 1903a3 with national ordance receiver. need to know since this is not a military receiver does it still qualify as c&r. thanks
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine just got his C&R. On the form it says to send a 'certified copy'. Does this mean 'notarized' or is it just whacky BATF terminology?

-Marcus

Tempus Fugit.
    edited November -1
    Hi I havt e a question about the C&r PERMIT how can i apply and where? how much does it cost and what are the requirements. and one more what happenes is you wanna sell the gun to C&R or Non C&R holder.
    also can you sportize a C&R les say mauser and keept as a relic and what about if you want to sel it later.
    thanks
    edited November -1
    I have had my C&R for about 6 years, but this "problem" never came up. I have the chance to sell a couple of my C&R rifles to a non licencee. According to the latest info letter I have from the DOJ, I can sell to a resident in my own state. (at least that is how I interpret the law). My question is how do I sell these rifles without filling out the 4473 and calling NICS for this sale?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    edited November -1
    Is there a way to verify a C&R license? I tried the verify an FFL on the auction side and it said on the bottom that it can't be used for C&R verification. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Hi, I've posed this question on the Barry Morgan Firearms forum at German Daggers dot com, and I've also called the ATF licensing center in Atlanta (haven't heard back from them), so I thought someone here might know. I just this week got my license and the huge package of info from the ATF. Enclosed was a short 4-5 page pamphlet entitled FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEE GENERAL GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION. On the first page it says to use certified copies of your license to make firearms puchases. Does this apply only to FFL holders, or C&R holders as well? I'm enclined to believe it's only for FFL licensees, but being a newbee, just wanted to play it safe and find out for sure.
    edited November -1
    I have heard that C&R guns that have been modified from their original condition are no longer C&R elligible. Is a C&R Colt SAA that has been after market engraved no longer C&R elligible?
    edited November -1
    guy has a russian sks and is claiming that russians are c&r eligable. ive been a C&R trader for years and know that the russians are the only sks's that are NOT c&r eligable. who's right. let me know, thanks
    edited November -1
    I just finished filling out my C&R renewal and was surprised to see question #8 ask my if I have, or planned to do any internet sales. It then went on to ask which site(s) I planned to use. I don't remember that last time, any idea as to when that appeared?
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do you want to verify a C&R FFL? If a collector sends you a signed copy of his/her C&R 03 FFL, and you are shipping the eligible firearm to the same address on the FFL, what is your concern?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF made the decision that you don't need to verify a C&R. If they are satisfied, I am satisfied.

Of course, you still need to verify identity. You do that by looking at the buyer's drivers license, or a photocopy of it. You want to keep that photocopy/information in your file.

A wise C&R licensee puts his DL & C&R on the photocopy machine to get both on the same piece of paper.

Those who are OCD can still telephone the fellas with the bulges in the cheap suits, & verify a C&R, if you can get through.

Neal
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, the ATF licensing center will verify a valid C&R license by phone. Their toll-free number is (866) 662-2750
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the OP. With the advent of Laser printers and sophisticated scanners. I don't trust any documentation any more. Unless I can verify it, through a 3rd party.

Phony factory letters and G.I. bring back papers. Unfortunately aren't uncommon any more, because of modern technology.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Spyder for the number! As for why Bert, I've had 2 fake 01 FFL's sent to me in the last year for sales, and yes, I reported them to my local ATF. Just figured that since as an 03 holder I should make sure I follow the rules and it's as easy to fake an 01 as it is an 03.