In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Choke Tubes

GotdeereGotdeere Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
A friend has asked me whether the choke tubes for the new line of Stoeger Condors are interchangeable with any other manufacturer's tubes. Told him I don't know, but maybe you fellers would.
TIA for any answers.
OleDuk[:)][:)]

Comments

• GotdeereGotdeere Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Besides Beretta/Benelli, are there other manufacturers that put the threads on the front of their tubes? I've got an import shotgun with front threads, and don't really want to spend a lot of money on choke tubes that won't fit. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I BOUGHT A LANBER 20 GA O/U A WHILE AGO AT A GOOD PRICE OR SO I THOUGHT, AND IT CAME WITH 2 CHOKES,THE DEALER I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID HE COULD GET ME THE COMPLETE SET OF CHOKES FOR IT AND IT NEVER HAPPENED,IVE TRIED CONTACTING LANBER USA AND THEY ARE OUT OF BUISNESS IT SEEMS AND IVE EVEN EMAILED LANBER IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND STILL NO RESPONSE ,IVE TRIED ALMOST EVERY COMPANY OUT THERE AND IT SEEMS TO BE A DEAD END CAUSE EVERY COMPANY TELLS ME THE GUN HAS A SPECIAL THREAD(LANBER THREAD) IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME GET A SET OF CHOKES FOR IT I WOULD REALLY APPERCIATE IT...MIKE
    edited November -1
    I am looking for a choke tube for a Weatherby o/u, are there any other ones that will fit it, its the one made in Japan and its for a 12 gauge, Dave
    edited November -1
    Can someone give me the ID measurements for all the shotgun choke tubes by gauge? TIA
    edited November -1
    i have a hastings wadlock II barrel on an ithaca 37. can any one tell me if any other manuf. choke tubes will fit this barrel. thanks for your help
    edited November -1
    I got a late start on getting Turkey stuff for my new 1187 and the season opens April 1st, but anyway. I have been planning to shoot Hevi-shot b/c I have good things about those loads, and the guy told me that the minimum size choke diameter that I could use was a .062 or there round about. SO to be on the safe side I bought the Remington Hevi-shot extra full tube.

So the Question is where and how can I find out the measurements of different choke tubes without a caliber (or any other accurate measuring device)?

Preciate it.
    edited November -1
    I've done a lot of upland bird hunting & most of my guns have screw in chokes. I've generaly used full & mod in my o/u's. I shoot sporting clays once or twice a year, & use i/c & mod tubes. I now have a Ruger R/l that has skeet tubes. Never shot skeet. Where do these tubes fit into the scheem of things? Would these be the ones I should use? Don't know what the real diff. is in them. Also I have a couple of Baikal O/U's & I bought steel I/C & Mod tubes for them. Would they be better for shooting sporting clays than the reg. mod & i/c tubes?
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 870 EXP pump shotgun with a 3 1/2" chamber. I would like some advice on what is the best choke tube and shells for turkey hunting with this gun?

Thanks!
    [:)][?]
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This isn't the EXACT info you needed, but most of the extra full turkey chokes range between .655 and .695 for the extended chokes. If you bought an extended model the chances are you won't be able to use it if that is what the load calls for. I can't find any mention of not being able to shoot through a tighter choke than that and to me it doesn't make sense to make a turkey load you can't use in a turkey choke - but that's just me.
    There's no real way to check the constriction unless the manufacturers post it on thier site. It's really not something that comes up very often. For precise check, I'd just use a caliper, if you don't have one, then go to the local machine shop. They'll likely check it for free.
    I know you will, but make sure to check out your pattern. I have several extended turkey chokes for my Benelli SBE and I typically find the best pattern is either 3" #6's with the extra full, or 3 1/2" #4's with the factory full choke. Try it on your gun, you might be suprised of the results...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    BambiHunter, thanks for your help. I think that guy may have been talking about shooting that load in other chokes besides turkey chokes. Or something like that, his crutch as a salesman may be confusion who knows.