In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt AR 15

BluBeardBluBeard Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to find out what year my colt sp1 was made. Is there a list of serial numbers to i d them out there somewhere?
Thanks, riverratt.

Comments

• BluBeardBluBeard Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt AR 15.
    S/N SP1 195xxx
    Can anyone help me with the year of manufacture?
    A1 or A2?
    thank you
    edited November -1
    i have a colt AR with 4 digit serial # (1966 yr.) what i need to know is if the bolt carrier had a C stamp on it like my newer colt's and also did it have a c & k stamp on the upper by and below the rear sight like my 5 digit AR (1976),don't know if they stamped the upper back then. the bbl has a s12 & mp stamp on it & 3prong flash hider ,so i know that is correct.thanks for your responces
    PS HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING DAY TO ALL[:)][:p][:D][^]
    edited November -1
    I bought an AR 15 before they were banned. It's an older one w/o the forward assist. My intent at the time, was to leave it to my son. He since has four kids, and dosen't want it in his house. He told me over the thanksgiving holiday, to sell or trade it for another gun to add to my collection. Does anyone know what it's worth? Should I try to sell it, or would I be better off to trade.
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt AR 15 competition HBAR. It is a pre-ban model with a flat top receiver with a 1/9 twist barrel. When I purchased the gun the guy I bought it from told me it was 1 of 2000 and rare (valuable). The serial number is stamped with 6 digits the first 3 are zeros the last 3 are less than 400. So I am inclined to believe that it must be an early model. Can anyone tell what this rifle is worth, it is like new, or anything else about it. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    whats the deal with people pi**ing all over colts i have one. never had a problem with it. is it just because they are more $$$ than all the others and people buy whatever is cheaper because they cant afford a colt i have yet to see anyone complain about reliabilty\ functioning all of them are almost exactly alike with the exception of the barrels there has to be a serious answer to this just wanted to know thanks
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We would need a little more information on your rifle, such as serial number, type of flash suppressor, condition, box, papers, accessories, mags, & your state.

In general, an excellent condition Sporter would sell in the $1,000-1,200 range. Trading would depend upon your location, and what you would like to trade it for.

Neal
  • JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder why your son cannot keep guns out of the hands of his kids?

Earlier untouched AR-15 rifles are becoming harder to find every day, especially if you bought it new and have the box and papers, etc.. I suggest you keep it. As valuable as it is, it would be hard to trade it down on anything ordinary, and people who would have collector guns of equal or higher value probably would not be interested in it.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neal's quote is what I would pay. He knows the market. He has helped me in the past with other rifles.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have an SP1 and it will actually sell in the $950-1100 range unless you have extras and it is unblemished.
    There are a lot of these out there.
    It may go up in value when Bush renews the AW ban.
    What do you want to trade for?
    cpermd@centurytel.net