In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cz-82

joe 1951joe 1951 Member Posts: 457
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
What can u'll tell about this?The good,bad,everything.Thinking i want one.[8D]

Comments

• joe 1951joe 1951 Member Posts: 457
    edited November -1
    I saw some CZ-82's for sale, 9x18 caliber. Anyone have an opinion on this pistol?
    edited November -1
    Is the cz-82 reliable and does the ammo work well and is it easy to find? Thanks for your help.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Surplus Czech military pistol. 9mm Makarov caliber. Many thousands have been imported and sold in the U.S. surplus market in the last 5/6 years. Price is going up, you could pick up one for less then $200, now they are selling for $225+. High quality pistol, good value for the money.
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joe 1951
    What can u'll tell about this?The good,bad,everything.Thinking i want one.[8D]

+1

I have one and it much better that the true Makarov. the CZ has a lot of features the MAK doesn't: easy mag release, holds more rounds, much better trigger, fits my smaller hand better, less recoil.

Ammo, 9x18, is plentiful (surplus & commercial) and prices are competitive with the 9mm Luger.

If you want a 9mm Luger and a mil surplus, heard the CZ 75 is good too.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply's.Thanking about one for a truck knock about,part time carry.Not imprested with a small 9mm.Can't carry my .45 or 12 gauge some places.[8D]
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of above.

Only thing I'd add is that the 9mm Makarov isn't a particularly powerful round. Ballistically its similar to a .380, which makes it slightly less powerful than an ordinary .38 special. (Edit, in case I[m not being clear, I'm saying this the round is a good bit less powerful than 9mm luger).

On the other hand, recoil is light and the gun holds 15 of them.