In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

desert eagle

AZgunownerAZgunowner Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
are all d.e.'s single action only

Comments

• AZgunownerAZgunowner Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello all! New to GB, and I have to say, so far I like what I've seen. That being said, I'll get to the point. I'm VERY interested in Desert Eagles, and I was wondering what should I be looking for and taking into consideration when making a buying decision? Israeli-made vs. American-made? Not worried about anything cosmetic, just basically design, make, and functionality issues. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    want to buy the 50 cal any info?
    edited November -1
    What ia a two stage trigger?
    edited November -1
    2) I am having the worst time finding extra mags for the Desert Eagle .38. If anyone knows, please help. Thanks
    edited November -1
    I was just offered a Desert Eagle in 44mag in like new condition ( I have not seen it yet) without the original box, just the gun. It is offered to me for $800.00 does that seem like a fair price?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ed

Ed Konopasek
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a desert eagle 50 AE. I was just wondering the pros and cons of this gun. Should I buy one or get something else?
    Thanks.
    edited November -1
    About a year ago I purchased a new Desert Eagle in .44mag from a small gunshop in Texas. The gun is marked Made In Israel. My friends tell me that makes it more valuable. Why is that so? Also I have yet to see another one for sale that says Made In Israel. Where are they now made? My gun is blued, what is it worth? It is still in new condition,with a hard case, a manual, and gas port cleaning tool.
    edited November -1
    I have a Desert Eagle in .44 mag that keeps coming apart when fired.

The firing pin, firing pin spring, bolt stabilizing pin, spring and guide, bolt guide pin and firing pin stop all fall out of the gun, leaving the bolt stuck in the barrel with a live round inside.

Anyone know why this keeps happening, and how to fix it ?

This was picked up on a trade, and now I have an idea why the guy traded it [}:)]
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in a DE I saw for sale. Is the Mark XIX the only series that has interchangable barrels? The Magnum site only lists .357, .44 & .50 as available calibers. I know they used to make a .41, but didn't they make a .440 Cor-Bon as well?

-Marcus

****Happiness is a new gun.****
    edited November -1
    LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST EAGLE IN .50
    WHAT CAN I EXPECT
    IS IT WORTH ITS RANSOM
  • Gunslinger2005Gunslinger2005 Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    so even with it being semi-auto...the hammer needs to be cocked each fire?
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no,..single action means it cocks itself each round. So,..no cocking is required,..however,..if you have a round in the chamber and the pistol is decocked,..you will have to draw the hammer back for the first round. Double action means it fires from a decocked position with a longer (2 stage) trigger pull I.E. the "double action" designation.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    No on most semi automatic pistols if a single action pistol you load the chamber by a cycle of the slide this cocks the hammer and each and every time the pistol is fired the slide action recocks the hammer However if you drop the hammer without firing a round then pulling the trigger when the hammer is down does nothing...... on a double action with the hammer down on a loaded chamber the the trigger first cocks the hammer and then releases the hammer to fire the round then the slide recoils and cocks the hammer so the second shot will be single action . However there are some double action only pistols that cock / release the hammer each time and at least one pistol H&K P7 that the shooter cocks the hammer by griping the pistol .
    edited November -1
    thats what i thought about the s.a's an d.a's.except i was useing revolver knowldge.so i say thanks.
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who knows about the Desert Eagle 1911 .45?
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    Who knows about the Desert Eagle 1911 .45?

Its a traditional single-action automatic, the same as any other 1911 pistol, only branded "Desert Eagle" for marketing purposes.

To clarify what was written above, with a single action REVOLVER you have to cock it before each shot. Double-action revolvers you can either manually cock it before firing, or alternatively just pull the trigger through a long heavy pull to make the gun cock itself and fire.

Double-action "only" revolvers don't let you manually cock them. . .the only way to get the gun to fire is to pull the trigger through a long heavy pull that cocks the gun and fires the round.

Now, by definition, all semi-automatic guns load themselves after each shot is fired.

A single-action AUTOMATIC requires you to manually cock the hammer prior to firing the FIRST shot. Note that racking the slide will typically also cock the hammer, so you don't necessarily have to do it with your thumb. When the slide goes back in recoil after the first shot it will automatically cock the hammer for the next shot, and this is true of every shot after the first one. The classic example of a gun like this is the 1911 .45ACP pistol.

A double-action AUTOMATIC requires a long heavy revolver like trigger pull to cock the hammer and fire the FIRST shot.

*SOME* double-action auto guns (so-called "traditional double action") will then cock the hammer automatically when the slide goes back after every shot other than the first one. In other words, after the first shot, they become "single action".

Guns like this include the Beretta, SIG 220 series, Walther P99, and the older Smith and Wesson "number" series auto pistols, amongst many others.

*SOME* double-action auto guns are "double action only" and require a long double-action type pull for EVERY single shot, like DA-only revolvers.

Examples of these guns include the Kel-Tec and Ruger pocket .380 automatics, and certain variants of the Beretta, Sig, etc, specifically designed for police agencies and others who prefer issuing double-action guns to try and reduce the likelihood of negligent discharges.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Nice way to drag up a 4 year old post that has NOTHING to do with your pushing the DE 1911 [xx(]

If you want to brag about your DE 1911 some more why don't you just start another topic on how great it is? http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=499849
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nwcid
    Nice way to drag up a 4 year old post that has NOTHING to do with your pushing the DE 1911 [xx(]

If you want to brag about your DE 1911 some more why don't you just start you own topic on it?

never noticed that...[B)]
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    good job Nwcid[xx(][B)][:D]quote:Originally posted by Nwcid

If you want to brag about your DE 1911 some more why don't you just start another topic on how great it is? http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=499849