In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dumb AR-15 Question

MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have an RRA AR-15 complete lower in my safe. Can I marry a
DPMS .308 upper to it?

Comments

• MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This may be a dumb question but I have the opportunity to buy a pre-ban complete lower for a Colt AR-15,real cheap too,but what I want to know is that if I have a pre-ban lower can I put a post ban upper on it and add a flash supressor or does it have to be a pre-ban upper as well.Also,if you have an AR-15 A2 which is a pre-ban,can you remove the full stock and replace it with an M-4 collapsable as well as put a 16" barrel pre or post ban.I thought I had the answers to these ?'s but I heard somewhere different so I would like to hear some other opinions.BTW,I am talking about the Federal Assault weapon ban not state as anything legal federally is legal in my state.Thanks to any and all help,Josey.

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if the lower is 5.56, it wont work. mag well wont match.
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Hmmm, AR10 + AR15 = AR25

Yep, dumb question![:o)]
  • MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AR-25, sounds bigger and bigger is better right? LOL

Thanks for the help
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used the AR30 - it is bigger (338 Lapua Mag) and better, but it is also a bolt action.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my AARP is bigger. they have over 10 million members![:p]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can do that if you are going to use it in parade.[:0][:)][:)]
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    If you manually loaded the chamber with 1 round would it fire or is the hammer too far forward on the receiver of an AR15 lower?