In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock 30

ForwardForward Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in Ask the Experts
what is the barrel made of Steel or Ceramic

Comments

• ForwardForward Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in the market for my first handgun primarily for concealed carry purposes. There is a local range where the public may pay a flat fee to rent all of the guns for a day in order to try them out. This is the perfect opportunity to get the feel of a particular gun, but it doesn't tell of the reliability of the weapon. I've researched several models and from what I've come up with, it looks as if the Glock 30 and/or the Para Ordnance Para Carry may be what I'm looking for. However, I've begun to uncover some inherent problems with the Glocks from premature wear of the recoil springs to the darned things blowing up.(true or false?)
    I would like to know from people with experience with these guns as to the reliability and durability of these weapons. If anyone can suggest a particular gun, that would help as well. Any and all input would be appreciated! Thank you
    P.S. I would like to stick with a .45 ACP
  • ForwardForward Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thinking of acquiring.Any negative opinions out there?Thx
  • oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I had some very bad luck with Glock's. Folk's seem to either love them or hate them. No in betweens. I will continue to look at what Glock builds, and someday I may buy another one. But, it will be after they build one with a fully supported chamber. I will not own any of the weapons they build today.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've owned a Glock 30 for over 5 years. I wouldn't part with it. It's never failed to function perfectly and is more accurate than I am.