In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

good deal?

hilton00hilton00 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
Pre-18 4 inch barrel, 5 screw, diamond grips, 98% or better 500.00 good deal or not. Thanks

Comments

• hilton00hilton00 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81462409

i bid, what should my max be?

also, can you change your max once you've placed an auto bid?
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can always up your max bid.I would like to know how this gun got back into this country without inport marks.
  • hilton00hilton00 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well, what do youthink my max bid should be?
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The CMP just sold a bunch of Inlands for $495, of course these were imports and rebuilt at some time.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would need more info to even make a bid as large as you have made.
  • rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some waterfront property in Arizona you might be interested in! [:o)][:o)]
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hilton, that is the essence of auctions; only YOU can decide your max bid.

You can look at actual sales of M1 carbines on this site using the search feature, but that can leave your head spinning because carbines are a specialized area & it's often difficult to figure why the big price spread. Let me help you out here, by pointing out that non-import-marked USGI carbines, fresh from arsenal rebuild, have been selling in the $850-900 range. However, the one you bid on has a sanded birch replacement stock, which is not quite as desirable as a walnut stock; &, the seller doesn't tell us the Muzzle Wear measurement, so the barrel may be like new, or shot out. The odds are that it is a good barrel, but you have no recourse if it is not.

It's your choice whether or not to raise your bid.

Duckhunter, dcs shooters is on the right track. And, that's exactly where the seller bought THIS carbine in May. Although technically imported, the law permits CMP to bypass stamping them.

Neal