In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gun values

tavarishtavarish Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I would like an estimate of the value of a couple of my guns for insurance purposes.
Sako L 57 6MM
Herters 22 cal revolver
Thanks

Comments

• tavarishtavarish Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like some help on where to go to get values of rifles and guns. My dad had many but passed away recently and we would like to get values on them, however I dont know the first place to look!
    I wont list all info on them, but just the basics:

Browning 22 long made in Belgium w/Bushnel 4x custom 22 scope
    Winchester new haven 22 long/short Mod.6 Patent Jan.29, 1901
    Winchester 22 long/short Mod. 6 Stainless Steel
    Remington 7mm mag.model 700 w/ Leopold scope
    Savage 20 gauge 3' model 330
    Smith&Wesson 357 magnum
    Colt 22 longs woodsman 84633-Z, Spain mod. 1-80 9mm para interarms
    1916 German Lugar
    Browning 380 cal.9 short/380 made in Italy
    Rossi revolver interarms 38 special made in Brazil

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank you!
    edited November -1
    These guns were stolen upon my brothers death and I need a value for insurance purposes. They were all in perfect condition. His guns were his most prized possession.

Can you help me? S/n
    Colt model 1911 38 super auto 2016xx 1968
    Colt Junior 25 cal auto OD702xx 1972
    Smith & Wesson model 15 38 combat masterpiece K9256xx 1969
    Ruger standard 22 cal auto 4680xx 1968
    edited November -1
    my husband passed away & I need to know approximate price to ask for some guns
    .#1..Lefever nitro special/ 20 gauge serial#242468 dbl barrel,repaired stock #2 Winchester 22 long rifle/pump/model1890 #642558
    #3 Springfield 03 bolt 30-06 #316748
    #4 Browning 12 gauge #364234
    #5 Ruger blackhawk 357 mag.pistil #78488
    #6 Ruger 410 #10114
    All seem to be in good condition,nice blueing,no rust or nicks etc. I don't know what else to tell you,sure hope you can help
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    Is there a database for gun values ??? besides the blue book...one that i could get online ?? Thanks in advance[:D]
    edited November -1
    Winchester Model 70xTr Sportster .300 Mag Weatherby.
    It has open sights.
    Would anybody have an approximate value for this gun?
    edited November -1
    I know the automotive industry has the Kelly Blue Book for determining value, is there a similar sort of guide for the firearm industry? How do I know if I'm paying too much for a gun?
    GH1[:)]
    edited November -1
    What is the approximate value for the following firearms:
    -Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum CAl. 7 1/2 inch barrel-adj. sights
    -Remington Model 512 Sportmaster 22 Cal Rifle
    -Winchester 69A 22 Cal SL or LR Rifle
    edited November -1
    was wanting to know the value of 2 winchester guns I inherited. model 70 300 winchester magnum, stainless steel, leupold scope VARI-X IIc 3-9x40mm. never been fired. serial# G2094010 and a winchester model 24 20 guage double barrel shotgun. serial# 90631 made in 1955 or 56
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt Python, 4", Blue, Ser.#E85726, new, unfired, in the box.
    Also have S&W Model 59, 4", Blue, Ser.#A180364, also new, unfired, in the box.
    Bought them many years ago for investment.
    I'd like to know what they're worth. (?)

Thanks,

Paul
    edited November -1
    I recently came into possession of a few guns, and would like to know what they are worth and when they were made.

The first is a very small .410 Harrinton and richarson arms co. made in mass. serial # A97600. wood is in very good shape. some small pitting near the breech. Barrel is more gray than todays blue. Bore is excellant.

second is a winchester Model 12 12 gauge shotgun original blueing is excellant wood has a few minor scratches on the butt, you have to look at it hard to see them. Full choke 30 inch barrel i think.
    Serial Number on both barrel and reciever is 811871.

last is a winchester model 70 .264 win mag excellant condition serial # is 571382. thank you in advance
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of guns I'd like to know the value of. How do I go about it?
    edited November -1
    Recently inherited some guns from my uncle. Most appear to be department store guns, such as New Haven, Glenfield, Boito, K-Mart, etc. Is there any place to look for approx values that I dont have to pay for? Such as buying a blue book? Still pending probate and need to come up with some costs.
    Thanks for your help.
    edited November -1
    Hi! I want to sell a stainless steel Para-Ord. P13 w/ hogue rubber finger groved grips w/no snag 3 dot combat sights and combat trigger and one 10 rd. mag. This handgun has never been fired,comes in factory box could someone please give me the blue book of gun values price for this gun. Thank you for your time. Victor
    edited November -1
    Is there a web site that has gun values [?]
    edited November -1
    I have a Savage 12 ga. Double Barrel Fox Model B Series H, Serial No. C469128 with a ventilated rib. It is in mint condition. I also have a Remington 16 ga. Double Barrel. The only other mark on it is the serial no. Q370928.
    It looks like it could be Damascus Steel, but I'm not really sure. It does have some forearm checkering on it and the gun seems to be really tight yet. The only problem would be that someone put a recoil pad on it.
    I also have a Remington Model 1900, Serial No. 370928, 12 ga. automatic. I believe it was made around 1907. It seems to be in good working order, about 50-60% of original.
    Can anyone please help me determine the value of these guns? I'm in poor health and trying to figure out what my guns are worth. Thanks very much.
    edited November -1
    New to this forum,could some one provide me w/ values for a Remington 1187 Sporting Clays Nickel reciever, and a CZ Ringneck 20 GA. 26in Barrels. Thank You
    edited November -1
    I need help . have been asked to find value of a few guns. The two outstanding pistols out of the Handguns
    I'm holding are:

Colt SAA 1871 NRA Centennial 1971 .357 Mag (never been fired in orig box with authenticity paperwork.

Browning medalist bull Barrel (no blemishes)1972 vintage in box Excellent condition
    (beautiful grips and fleur de li forearm)
    Can anyone put an approx value on these pistols?

I also am holding an unfired in box winchester and Marlin golden boy.
    Thank you very much
    edited November -1
    What is the best online service to determine gun values? Blue book, Gun digest ect. I want to easily know the value of a gun at gun shows ect.
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    If I'm not asking too much, could I get a value estimate on the following?

Ruger Blackhawk stainless .357 Mag - excellent condition

Old Marlin Model 37 .22 pump - very good condition

Savage Model 19 .22 single shot target rifle - adjustable peep sights - very good condition.

Winchester Model 94 lever action 30-30 win. - very good condition

Remington Model 550 Automatic .22 - very good condition

Thanks in advance!

Jim
    edited November -1
    I have several guns I need to sell to assist in paying the funeral of our Daughter who passed away from Sarcoma. She was only 46 and had no insurance.

If any one can assisit me in determing a price I would greatly appreciate it.

Tom Carver
    10867 N 400 W
    Kingman, IN 47952
    765-498-5961
    tomcarver1@live.com