In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help Identify this shotgun

lightning2923lightning2923 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
this is the only markings other then model 400 on bottom of receiver
12 gauge double barrel, dbl triggers and has 4 digit serial #, even the wood has same numbers 02xx

12.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Gun is apart this is all found it is a double with 30" barrels looks like 12ga with 2 1/2" chambers double triggers.Top strap between barrels-LONDON FLUID STEEL on left side of receiver-NEW LONDON ARMS COMPANY. Bottom of barrel left barrel 01. Right barrel 39619 Receiver water table left side 39619 right side 01. Receiver water table Pat. NOV> 5,90 under that MARCH 12, 91. Stock has flur delease grip (I think) with plastic butt plate with SIMMONS across it at an angle. Receiver and ynder steel of forearme are case hardened. Stock has nice checkering as does forearm. No other markings on gun or modle numbers. All parts have matching ser.# I have looked everywhere on net but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yours was a "trade name" utility shotgun made for the EC Simmons Hardware Company of St. Louis, Mo. between 1898-1915. Although most were made by Crescent-Davis, your patent dates indicate it was made by Hopkins & Allen. These don't carry much collector value and rarely bring more than $150 unless in exceptional condition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I am trying to find a stock as this one was broken and I just want it to shoot some times. Like old shotguns. Got it from an old friend.
    Tommy