In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hi-Point Carbine

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in Ask the Experts
any one have any info on these cheep 9mm carbines? are they worth a damn? thanks

the first step to failure is trying

Comments

• HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one on gun.broker,new in the box for $115.00. Out of the box,I made one change on the sight,it is now accurate out to 100 yds. A neat little carbine,but ugly,and fun to shoot. I've had problems with the cocking handle coming loose after shooting. Anyone else have this problem? Fix? Thanks.

U.S. Army 1964-1967
    edited November -1
    Any feed-back, on this gun? It looks like an inexpensive gun to go plinking with. Reliable???? THX HAWKSHAW
    edited November -1
    Anybody have a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm and how does it do? Thanks.
    edited November -1
    i have a carbine that wont cock all the time and when i do get it to i try to shoot only one shot can anyone help me with this problem with takedown and what the problem might be
    thanks
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawkshaw
    Any feed-back, on this gun? It looks like an inexpensive gun to go plinking with. Reliable???? THX HAWKSHAW

There has been plenty of feedback. Do a search using the word Hi Point and you'll find five full pages of comments on the pistols and the carbines.
  • thebambam2001thebambam2001 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot my index finger tip off on the 1st and last day I had the carbine. This was after I removed the yellow sticker and drank bourbon all afternoon.
    edited November -1
    Hey Mark C
    Your suggestion is a little vague. Do a search where? On Google? Smart search shows 12 pages of listings, but no info.?????????? HAWKSHAW

Vague? That is probably the first time I've ever been accused of that. Long winded and too technical? Sure, but vague...Me? Do a search in the Gun Broker Forums. In the upper right hand portion of the screen you'll see the word search. Even with a whole new round of discussion you won't get more than ten responses before we lock the thread and there are far more than that already archived that you can read through using the search function
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Click on the word "SEARCH" on the top right of this page, then put HI-POINT in there [;)]
  • GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have it in 9mm, never gave me any problem and fairly accurate[:)]
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's a 9mm mini 14 (with a pistol grip)
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebambam2001
    I shot my index finger tip off on the 1st and last day I had the carbine. This was after I removed the yellow sticker and drank bourbon all afternoon.

Yikes. . .

Are you serious?

Alcohol and guns don't mix.

In a nutshell, the gun is fairly reliable, and for its price, you're not going to beat it.
  • redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool little guns for the price. mine shot great.
    edited November -1
    Hey Mark C---I guess it was only vague if you didn't know about that option!! Thanks HAWKSHAW

Now you are up to speed and you've had your ten responces.