In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber Info

JoeyTJoeyT Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am a huge fan of the Glock handguns, and have found some money that I am able to spend on a new handgun, the " Kimber Custom TLE 2"
has caught my attention, but would like to know what shooters of kimbers have to say before I spend the money. There are still plenty of Glocks I could buy. So if you have any feedback good or bad on the Kimbers, and have actually shot them please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought the Kimber Polymer Target.45 NIB about five years ago and I have been unable to find any info on it ever since. This is a high capacity pistol that has a steel upper and polymer frame. On the front of the frame in front of the hooked trigger guard it is stamped "Bul Israel" I think this is the frame that STI uses,but I'm not sure.It is the most accurate .45 I have ever shot. It is not in the Kimber catalog,nor can I find it on the Kimber website.Has anyone ever seen one? If I knew how I would post a picture of it.-JoeyT
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I think kimberkid has two of these. Feel sure he will pop in in a little while. If I am not mistaken, the Bul framed polymers were dropped from the Kimber line up when the current polymer Ultra 10 was introduced.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KimberPolymers.jpg

Does yours look something like this?

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

kimberkid@cox.net
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that's the one kimberkid!-JoeyT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Without the compensator,kimberkid-JoeyT
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Its an Israeli Bull with a Kimber name stuck on it. I have an old Guns and Ammo at work that has an article about them. If you would like Ill look it up next Tuesday to find out more info.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."