In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

luger

lwbrkerlwbrker Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
Have a German Luger with the DWM on the toggel. The S/N is 77xx and the only stamps on are "Made in Germany" and the proof mark. I need more information on the gun please. Blue book lists it as being made in 1900. The cal. is .30. On the front of sight is a "D". There is a loop mark below the S/N on the front of the fram. The number 14 is on the rear of the gun just below the rear sight. This is all that I can find on the gun. Should I be looking for more marks and is there a sight some place for just Lugers?

Comments

• lwbrkerlwbrker Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I acquired a German Luger S/42 with all matching serial numbers. But some _____ had the gun chromed and put pearl grips on it. Any ideas on value and what to do with it to restore it ???
    edited November -1
    Was there a Italian manufacturer of lugers in and around 1944?
    I have a chance to get a luger that I'm told was made 1944 by some Italian mfg I have not seen it yet and was locking for info before wasting time.
    Thanks for any help. ~ Gary
    edited November -1
    No real questions, just a mention that today is the anniversary of Georg Luger's birthday. FYI: Luger P08 pistol inventor"Fast is good, but accuracy is everything.."Wyatt Warp
    edited November -1
    I recently acquired a Luger DWM. Most of the serial numbers,the proof markings and the DWM logo have white in the letering. What is this? Is it desireable to have this white? Who put it there? any help appreciated.
    edited November -1
    I have a Luger 7.65 marked DWM 98% with holster. The safety release is marked in english SAFE. Also a holster and it does not have a clip holder. Serial 901xx all parts with matching numbers. This gun has been in my family about 60 years and has only been test fired during that time.

Jim
    edited November -1
    I've got this Luger. Under the barrel and on the trigger guard, it has the number 23XX. Is this the serial number? If so, can anybody tell me what model this weapon is or what year it was produced? If not, then where can I find the serial number?

I run with scissors.
    edited November -1
    guy, I have a german luger i would like to find more about. I have the normal military reference book but need more help in ID of the firearm can someone help with it.it is a S/42 date stamped 1938 4"barrel on the right side next to barrel on the flat part of the chamber it is stampedeagle over 83 and eagle over 93 but the next mark looks like crossed flags or some sort of bird. on the front of the trigger gard under the serial numbers there is an scroll L. the finnish on the pistol is blued and the grips are the brown wood.THE MAGAZINE HAS 1280 L and + and eagle. any help on this would be great. I would also like a value if possible blueing and over all is about 50%.Thanks 45
    edited November -1
    Need a little help. I just recieved a german luger from some kin folks of mine. It has byf on the toggle and the number 42 between the barrel and the toggle. It has a four diget serial no. 4XXX. Several parts are marked the the no 36. It has 3 eagles on the receiver part of the pistol. One with the no.136, one with 135 and one with the swastika. It has an eagle with the swastika on thebarrel. It has the eagle and the swastika on the toggle. It has Gesichert where the saftey is and what looks like a cursive h under the serial number above the trigger on the outside of the trigger guard. Any info and approx value I would appreciate. Sorry don't have a camera so no pics. The pistol has no rust good rifling and hardly any wear. Thanks Sam
    edited November -1
    Please help me to replace P-08 barrel, were i can read about it?
    Thank you

Andrey
    edited November -1
    How much would it cost to get a Luger that fires well? I want something that i can frame up on my wall and shoot on occasion. is this possible?
    edited November -1
    I've had a good experience posting this forum since becoming a member this last month. I've learned that a picture is a valuable asset to include with my query.
    I now have another question that I hope will be acceptable to those in this group. I'm seeking information and guidance as to value of this piece:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/steve5x5/luger.JPG

Thanks again,
    steve5x5
    edited November -1
    whats the going rate for a 1916 luger
    edited November -1
    Anybody know for sure if 1900 DMC American Eagle Luger made a presintation luger (nickel,with gold plating on the trigger,top of the toggle mag. releise,safty)

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    That's like asking what's the going rate for a 1972 Chevy. You need to give complete details and/or post detailed pics.