In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 carbine help

khornetkhornet Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Ask the Experts
My bolt jumped out of the slide mortise(don't know how it could but did) and now the locking lug on the bolt is keeping the slide from going forward enough to remove the slide spring guide. Is there any way other than cutting the guide to remove it?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    need some help from any M1 experts. Looking for DOM and value for M1 carbine .30 cal. serial no 3222643. Maker Saginaw SG. Barrel marked Underwood 4-43.Rear sight is a flip up peep style marked B-IP. Front blade sight stamped N. condition is very good with all blueing intact and only minor handling marks on the wood. Sorry no pictures.any info would be great. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got a beautiful M1 made by inland\GM, stamped 9-44 and has a serial #5521xxx. It has a crossed cannon logo on the right side of the stock and the letters "MR" on the left side in front of the sling slot. It has the sling, bayonet lug and is in it's O.D. canvas gun sleeve\case with U.S. stamped on the side. Any ideas on value for this?

I also have the short 5 rnd clip and 7 (4 still wrapped) 15 rnd clips.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I plan to buy an M1 Carbine in the next 3-6 months. I want to start looking around now, but I have no idea. What are the good ones? Which should I avoid. What price range is reasonable? What are the pros and cons of GI vs. commercial carbines? This will just be a plinker, also. All help appreciated, guys.

-Marcus

***When the Second Amendment falls, the First will be sure to follow.***
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm having a difficult time visualizing exactly what is causing the lock up. You shouldn't need to cut anything.

I'm assuming that you removed the action from the stock?

There should be enough spring in the op rod that you can manually turn the op rod. Check the position of the front lugs on the op rod, as they should be in a cut that runs on either side of the receiver.

Neal

EDIT: It's not the rear part of the op rod that's the problem, it's the front part. Look at the front part, it looks like a flat, U-shaped weight. On the top, inner sides of the U-shaped part you will see a small lug on either side; THAT should be where the problem is. Grab hold of the U-shaped part & rotate it back & forth; once that is back in the tracks, the handle part of the op rod will move.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that's the problem, the bolt locking lug jumped out of the slide. This keeps the slide from going all the forward to the breach. That 1/2" doesn't allow the op slide guide rod to come out.