In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M1 CARBINE STOCK

TRAMOTRAMO Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I purchased an M1 carbine bearing serial numbers that indicate that it was manufactured by Quality Hardware. Barrel is stamped Rock-Ola. The previous owner "sporterized" the stock, so it needs replacement. My question is what stock would be most accurate historically and add the most value to the weapon? Also what is the differance between high and low wall stocks? THANKS!

john tenerowicz

Comments

• TRAMOTRAMO Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A M1 CARBINE BY IBM BARRELL AND RECIEVER ARE MARKED THE SAME.THE VERY END OF THE PISTOL GRIP STOCK IS STAMPED WITH A SHIELD WITH A HORSE RARING UP INSIDE THE SHIELD.THE HORSE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE THE COLT EMBLEM.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS.IT IS AN ORIGINAL MILITARY STOCK.
  • TRAMOTRAMO Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me anything about this stock? No stamps except for the SA. Thanks
    [img][/img]IMG_00557.JPG
    [img][/img]IMG_00547.JPG
    [img][/img]IMG_005710.JPG
  • nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It means a previous owner played games with it; the horse is neither a manufacturer's nor ordinance acceptance stamp.Neal