In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M1 Garrand

houndog55houndog55 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have an m1 Garrand and i think I want to put a scope on it has any one any experence with this? If so where do you find the mounts and what type .

David Collins

Comments

• houndog55houndog55 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am going to buy an m1 garrand and dont know a lot about them.what is throat errosion?
  • Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    B-Square Co. makes a popular Garand scope mount.
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless it's an M1D or C don't bother. You'll ruin any collector value it has a bugger up the balance. Standard issue Garands were not made for scopes and they look just wrong with one installed. Nor will a scope improve the accuracy. And you lose the rearsight.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I agree, don't do it! The M1 Garand deserves to be kept exactly as it was designed. The sad part is that you cannot undo it if you change your mind.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the comments I guess I will leave it as is and try to find a 03 Springfield to scope and shoot.

David Collins
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the comments I guess I will leave it as is and try to find a 03 Springfield to scope and shoot.

David Collins