In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Marlin 1893

farmonemotofarmonemoto Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Besides the model B, did the Marlin have a blued receiver? I thought they were all case-hardened otherwise. There's an 1893 on GB that has a blued receiver, with a serial number that suggests it was made in 1894; the model B wasn't introduced until 1905. Is this a refinished rifle? Thanks.

Comments

• farmonemotofarmonemoto Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking for information on an old marlin lever action that i have. it is a model 1893 with a half octigonal half round barrell, 20" in a take down version chambered for 25-36. I am looking for information about how to take this gun down, where to find a vintage butt pad/plate, and where to get ammo for it. nay help would be great. Thanks
    edited November -1
    Recently acquired a Marlin 1893 with 28"octagon barrel in 30-30.I'd like to shoot it. The s/n range is 148xxx mfg 1897. The barrel flat IS NOT Marked for either " For Black Powder" or "Special Smokeless Steel.
    It is a CCH rifle. Are modern 30-30 rounds safe to shoot? The bore is perfect and condition of the rifle is excellent. Your thoughts please
    edited November -1
    I brought a marlin 1893 trying to find age of gun letter then four digit what year was it made
    edited November -1
    What is approx age and value of this rifle. Has Model 1893 behind hammer. Special Smokeless Steel on barrel and has Marlin saftey on top of reciever. Octogan barrel with full lenth magazine. 316068 underneith in front of lever. Any info??