In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old Colt

saveourgunssaveourguns Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have not seen it yet, but a friend of mine has an old Colt SAA that he wants me to look at. According to him, it is a 1st Gen, 1903, 38 WCF, sn#138,xxx, in very good condition. I'm looking in the Blue Book and seeing values in the neighborhood of $10,000. Am I on the right page?

Comments

• saveourgunssaveourguns Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to help my dad find out as much about his Colt as I can. He has a Colt 45 single action revolver with a 4inch barrol, nickel plated and pearl handgrips. Form the info he has so far it was made in 1901 and the value is at 9000.00 he wants to find as much about it before he sells it. Any info on how we can go about finding things out would be helpful, thanks.
    edited November -1
    If anyone is interested, I listed that saa I was asking questions about the other day. Take a look. Comments on pricing are welcome.
    W.D.
    edited November -1
    hello all,
    today my girlfriend showed me an old Colt cap and ball pistol that her grandfather gave her. All that was stamped on it was some Colt info and a serial number, 114xxx. i tried to find some info on it myself but i don' know enough about it, like what model it is. the pics I'm posting are not the best, there off my cell, if there not enough ill try to take better pics later on.
    Thank you,
    Eagle0800
    http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x186/eagle0800/?action=view&current=DSC00083.jpg
    http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x186/eagle0800/?action=view&current=DSC00082.jpg
    edited November -1
    im looking at an old colt semi-auto and need a ballpark
    estimate as to its value.
    i havn't personally seen the pistol but its described to me as
    good to excellent cond, .32 cal. colt semi-auto.
    patented apr.20, 1897 & dec. 22 1903.
    any assistance appreciated.
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
    edited November -1
    I have an old Colt Official Police #871004 with a 4 inch barrel that I would like to know when it was made. It is in great shape, great shooter. Please respond if you can help. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I have a colt 45 that has a pat. date of Sept 19, 1871, July2, 1872, Jan. 19, 1875 on it. The serial #272844, it is a blued gun and in new condition. The blueing is in new condition and is the original blue. It is single action and has black grips with the colt insigna on the upper portion of the grip. Can anyone tell me it's worth or something else about the gun?
    edited November -1
    had a friend call today about an old colt sa 45 7-1/2 revolver...his friend was the executor of an estate and wondered how to properly sell this old colt which has a 4 digit serial and i have dated it thru my info to 1876 and military issue... i told them to find the colt guru and have it appraised as this has to be accurately identified as genuine and not a fake or something screwed with...any recommendations as to who or where this would be...we are here in the middle of kansas...it needs to be done right...thanks
    edited November -1
    nevermind I foud it on proofhouse. Thanks