In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

old colt 45

ric333ric333 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have an old Colt 45 auto, S/N 153. I believe it's in original condition, never refinished. The pistol is well used and looks that way, I believe it actually went to war at one time and I have the holster that came with it when my father bought it many years ago. It still works fine and I'm considering selling it, but I have no real idea what it's worth. I had a gun store offer me $1500 for it a couple of years ago and I'm sure they would have turned around and sold it for twice that.
Anybody know what it might be worth?

Comments

• ric333ric333 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    would like to find out the value of a U.S. Army issue model 1911 colt 45 with that was made in 1913 and is in VERY GOOD CONDITION. also have pearl grips that came with the standard grips
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be best if you could post quality pictures of the Colt. After 94 hard years, no telling what has happened to it. Many of the original G.I. 1911's have been rework/refinished a number of times, both in government arsenals and by civilian gunsmiths. This would have a direct baring on it's current value.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    "Only a New Orleans pimp would carry a pistol with pearl handels."
    Gen. Goarge S. Patton
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Rufe-Snow says it all pictures are a must along with field stripping to look at inspector marks on frame slide and barrel A 1913 with original finish and correct original parts is worth 5 times as much as a WW II rebuild with 95% refinish and replaced barrel and other parts.