In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question

rp4737rp4737 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
[?]I have several guns that I need to sell because I no longer have the time or funds to take them to the range and I have to keep them so locked up at home that they are not really practical for home protection. With my third child due in November, I really need the money more than the guns at this point, but I am not willing to give them away. I have gotten some pricing info. from several different sources but it is so varried that I am still clueless! I figured that "Asking the Experts" was my best bet! The guns are listed below and ANY input that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

1.Winchester Model 1200 Police Stainless, 18" barrel and 7 shot magazine.
2.Ruger P89 9mm, 2 15-shot clips that came with the gun, and 1 15-shot clip purchased after-market
3.Ruger SP101, Stainless Steel 357 mag 5-shot
4.Ruger VAQUERO 44 mag 5 ? inch barrel

Thank you so much for your input and advice![:D]

Comments

• rp4737rp4737 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the range. My son was shooting his SW22s for the first time. 200 rounds want down great, The last 50 where all over the target. And seemed to be hitting sideways. The first 200 perfect little holes, Last 50 looked like slots.
    Any suggestions on what the heck is going on. I am thinking it might have gotten fouled. But way?
    edited November -1
    I have recently picked-up an old Remington Model 14.5 as an old guy told me , He called it a 14 and a half in 38-40, could anyone give me a little insight on this rifle and the value, It is a pump with a nice tang rear site, thanks for any help given. Terry
    edited November -1
    What to do with a gun I got to sell for a client...the problem is the serial is ground...
    edited November -1
    do threads get locked after 10 posts?
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine has a S&W that shoots .357 mag. I'm almost certain it's a 686, but I'm not exactly sure.

So coming from this, how do I find out if it's a 686? I've looked over the firearm and don't really see much in the way of markings.

And also, it's blued with a 6 in. barrel. Probably about 85% cosmetically, but it fires soundly. How much is it worth?

note: I am not selling the firearm, and he does not have interest in selling. I was just curious about how much it would fetch.
    edited November -1
    I am new to this so I hope asking this info here is alright. I was wondering what the following was worth (as general as need be)? A S&W 44 mag mountain gun stainless with hogue rubber grips, fired once and also a stainless Tarus 38 with the brown brazil wood grips? Both are in nice shape and shoot well. Original owner of the 44 and it is essentially like very brand new.
    edited November -1
    Could you provide any information on a Berrili Antonio Ponti Zano <Bresia> , made in Italy, over under 12 Gage, I inherited this from my deiced Father.
    Carl
    edited November -1
    Can a private individual ship a firearm to a Law Enforcement Agency of another state without going through an FFL?
    edited November -1
    Will a Remington 700 barrel fit a 721? Thanks, Ken
    edited November -1
    Could any one tell me what a Savage 12 BVSS in a 223 cal is worth i thinging of gettin one that a friend has for sale, he wonts 850.00 for it Has a Mueller Eraticator 8.5-25 power acope with illuminated micro find dot. Is this to high to pay for it? Thank You drpepper139@roadrunner.com I have a Winchester pre 64 model 70 caliber 270 rifle excellent condition hardly short, i wont to trade or sell to get it.
    edited November -1
    I have a Rossi 357 mag 2 1/2" model 971 ported barrel what is it worth new in the original box and papers
    edited November -1
    I have 2 H&R .22cal 9 shot break over. One has serial# B5440 "Sportsman... the 2nd one has Serial# 595696 Special. Anyone with manufacturer Date and value???? [?]
    edited November -1
    Good morning folks!
    Can any one explain to me
    what the heck AI means after
    a cartridge name. I'm guessing
    something "Improved" but how
    does the nomenclature affect
    the original bullet?
    Thanks-Ron
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know of any revolvers that have 10 shot cylinders? I noticed the Taurus 94 had a 9 shot for .22LR

Also, does anyone know of an online list that is basically like the Blue Book? I'd rather not pay $50 for the latest edition at Barnes and Noble. Just looking for a free site that documents all guns and their stats.
    edited November -1
    i am not sure of the age of the gun. marlin 22,semi 17 shot. can you tell me what it is worth? thanks
    edited November -1
    always hoped someone would make a repro of the volcanic pistol like locust fork has for sale...now if i were to cut down a henry 22lr lever rifle to about a 10" barrel , bend the tangs to fit a pistol grip and reshape the lever...also have a uberti clamp on stock i could adapt..... would this be ILLEGAL by batf standards have made buntline models out of revolvers but NEVER done a project like this and need to know legal limits first
    edited November -1
    Why is it that gun broker.com will not sell to residents of Calif?

Tom
    edited November -1
    I have a friend with a Browning(auto shotgun), similar to an A-5 but Japanese made, it's recoil operated. Is it OK for him to use extended chokes? I am told that it will damage the gun and chokes.
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    Controlled-round feeding vs. Push Feeding rifles...

Advantages and Disadvantages??
    edited November -1
    What is a beretta 3901 12ga delta waterfowl gun #57 worth?
    [?]
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Without pics no answer will be accurate.

It is like saying " I have a Ford F 150, whats it worth?"
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1