In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Redfield Scope

k albrechtk albrecht Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
yes can some body tell me,when ajusting your sights ,does the knob's click or do they have a smooth turn.the elevation turret's

Comments

• k albrechtk albrecht Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Redfield 4-12 scope A/O that is 20 years old.
    The optics are not bright and clear.
    Can I 'trade' it back to the new Redfield company and buy a
    scope from them or try to get the old scope repaired?
    Thank you much

"Oh the places you'll go"
    Dr Seuss

Bill
    edited November -1
    Swapped for a Redfield Widefield 3x9 scope (an older one, made in the USA)at a gun show last week. Is this a good scope? How does quality compare with other brands? Thanks for any info or opinions.
    edited November -1
    I need some help understanding the sorrect way to use the ranging ability of a Redfield scope. When looking through the scope, there is two lines at the top of the view that are close together and above the normal crosshairs. To the bottom left, there are raninging marks that go from 200 through 600 yards. Anyone recognize this scope and how to properly use the ranging ability.
    edited November -1
    Do they still make Redfield rifle scopes? I haven't seen any in the gun shops i have visited. I have a 3X9X40 that the dial for the power seems to hit a couple of places when going from 3 power to 9. Smooth turning until I get up to 7 power, then it seems to almost hit a notch, but it will still go to 9 power. How is the warranty for a used Redfield scope?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks; Mike
    edited November -1
    Did redfield make a 3x9x50mm scope in a tracker model?
    edited November -1
    I bought a Redfield 6x scope at a yard sale today. It appears to have 2 sets of crosshairs. One set is sharp and the other set next to it is fuzzy. Is this fixable by adjustment? Only have 15.00 invested so I might try it on a .22 if not fixable.

Jim
    edited November -1
    What's a good price to ask for a used but in good shape Redfield Wideview 6X? Saw one on GB with a bid of $75. This one I have is in better shape. Thanks for the input.
    edited November -1
    I purchased, a while back, a probably 70's model redfield scope. i was shooting the gun with it on there and when i went to adjust it, i found there were no click adjustments. it spun, but there were no clicks. the point of impact changed and i got it pretty well dialed in. was this common for older scopes? this was a while back, but was just thinking about it today when i was looking at some more of them.

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    edited November -1
    how do you use the compensation rings on these scopes?i.e. the outer ring that is marked 50 100 150 etc how do you use this feature? anybody got a manual?
    edited November -1
    Next up: I have a Redfield 3x-9x 1" scope mounted on this Remington Model 700 magnum and I'm finding a lot of information on the company, but not much on the specifics of my scope.

It's black (not green), with perfectly round lenses, and says "Redfield 3x-9x 1" tube" on the windage/elevation adjustment housing. The windage/elevation adjustments are two separate dials (one on top, one on the right side) that have serrated edges but no number markings. The right side adjustment has "P10464" stamped on it. The rearward focus dial is numbered 3-9 and the rear most eyepiece is stamped "Patented Redfield Gunsight Denver Colorado". There is a single, uniform width, crosshair in the lens.

Thanks!
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine recently purchased a nice old Redfield Illuminator scope. Unlike the other Redfields I've seen - this one has a slight "tint" to it. Is this by design? I thought perhaps it was a tint or coating to increase the contrast, like some binoculars I've seen? Or are his lenses messed up somehow?
    edited November -1
    Need a scope for a tikka t3 30/06. Found a good deal on a redfield 3x9x50 or a 4x12x40. These good scopes? Going on my hunting gun . Can pick one up for about 120-140 depending on model. Good? Thanks!

-JD/
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I buy old Redfields all the time,whether I need them or not,that Wide Field is great...hey don`t bother comparing it to anything!.218