In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem 722

hilscher0hilscher0 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
What is a Rem. 722 in .257 Roberts worth these days?It has a older Weaver scope on it and is in average or better shape.Thanks

Comments

• hilscher0hilscher0 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a model 722 rem in 222. cal it has a 26 inch barrel. checkered pistol grip and forearm, with a white grip cap spacer. Is this a 722ADL or 722ADL Delux. How much is a gun like this worth about 90% condition.
    edited November -1
    I have a 722 rem. cal 222.How do you tell if it's a ADL or it's a plain 722.Mine has a checkered pistol grip and forearm.Also has a white spacer on the grip made around the early 60's.The checkering look's like it could be factory.But some guy at a gun shop I was in said someone had done the checkering,but he was also trying to buy it from me.Is there any way to know if it's an ADL. thanks for any help
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hilsher,
    Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of ways to get a good answer to your question:
    The first is to send us some good pictures and as much information as you can; i.e. any modifications to metal or wood, refinish, holes drilled, etc., bore condition, working condition, etc.,
    The other is to spend some time on the auction side looking at what similar rifles have been going for. (closed and sold, not just pie in the sky high numbers with no takers.)
    Or, you can just keep it, enjoy it, and who cares what someone else might pay? It's a great rifle and great cartridge!
    edited November -1
    Rob -Thanks-I was looking at one to buy and was just wondering if it was worth what the guy was asking.It appeared to have no modifications other than a scope.Thanks again---Jim
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say $500. Plus or minus $100 depending on condition. Buy it if you can, that's a great caliber.
    edited November -1
    Thanks TWalker-I appreciate the info---Jim
  • idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently paid $500 for a 1950 version that my gunsmith said was in 95%+ condition. Very happy with it.