In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 710

JerikoJeriko Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
My son will be 14 before deer season and is ready for his first centerfire rifle. He likes the looks and feel of the 710 and I like the price. I'd like some feedback from anyone who owns or has fired one of these rifles a lot. How do YOU like it?

Also, he and I could swear we saw one of these chambered for .308 Winchester last year. From looking around a bit, I see that this rifle is not currently chambered for any short action cartridge. Are we confusing the 710 with another rifle we looked at, or did Remington make this in .308 at some point?

Comments

• JerikoJeriko Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at a remington 710 30/06 for a deer rifle next yr. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with it ?

leafrivermac
    edited November -1
    Simple question, really. Have a friend who's interested in one. Is the 710 the piece of crap most people online seem to think it is?-J[This message has been edited by Jeriko (edited 02-28-2002).]
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking of getting a Rem 710 in 30-06.
    I heard that Remington cut some corners when making
    this Rifle, is that true? And how does the 30-06 handle
    350 to 450 yard shots.
    edited November -1
    I apologize if this has already been discussed but I'm trying to find some feedback on the Remington 710. I know it entry level but so am I (at least to hunting with a rifle). Just need to know if it's okay or a piece of junk.
    edited November -1
    looking for a new magazine release mine broke. where can I get one
    edited November -1
    I just bought a 710 in 30-06 and the bolt feels real "sticky". Has anybody had the same problem, and if so, what can be done about it? I think it can be a good gun if the bolt problem can be worked out.
    edited November -1
    I'm looking to buy my first hunting rifle, but I'm on a tight budget. I came across a Remington 710 in 30-06 on gunbroker and they seem to be low priced. I was wondering if anybody has dealt with these guns before. I know Remington makes a good rifle, but has anybody had any first-hand experience with quality and accuracy? Thanks for any help.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
    edited November -1
    Just wondering if anybody had any experiance with them, the price seems cheap, does the gun match the price. I've been looking for a good, bang around hunting rifle.
    edited November -1
    http://www.remington.com/safety/model_710_notice/

MODEL 710r
    PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING
    AND RECALL NOTICE

Remington Arms Company, Inc. is voluntarily recalling a limited number of Model 710 bolt-action rifles as a result of its discovery, during routine test firing, that some Model 710 rifles manufactured between July and October 2002 may have been assembled with an improperly made "Safety Detent Spring." Although unlikely, there is a possibility that the manual safety arm mechanism in such a rifle could fail to fully return to the "safe" or "on" position.
    edited November -1
    Anyone have an opinion on it? Seems to be a good deal if it shoots near as good as the 700.
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SOld quite a few here and they are a piece of junk. Buy the Savage in that price range.