In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington model 141

jesseejamesjesseejames Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
I need to know if anyone has ever made a scope mount for a rem model 141 that doesn't involve having a gunsmith drill holes for mounting?

Comments

• jesseejamesjesseejames Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a Rem model 141 in .32 Remington. I read somewhere that the .32 Remington is the same cartridge as a .32 Win Special.. Is this correct? and if it is correct, do you think I should try shooting the .32 Win Special Leverevolution ammo from the gun? (The gun is in good condition)...Thanks!!
    edited November -1
    I've just picked up a Remington Model 141 in 35 Remington. Doing the usual "gearing up" for reloading and such I'll pick up brass and bullets. Hopefully I'm recalling correctly - the "swirls" in the tube magazine are present to allow the use of pointed bullets and do so by preventing the point of one loaded cartridge from resting on the primer of the following loaded cartridge, correct?

If anyone has a "these bullets/weight shot great in my 141 please feel free to mention. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Just picked up a model 141 in .30 Remington caliber. The serial number is 478xx. Just curious of a DOM....

Aaron
    edited November -1
    Anyone have knowledge or experience with this pump rifle.

Looking for likes dislikes, good features and bad features.

Sage 1
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it doesn't involve a gunsmith drilling and tapping then it probably isn't worth having and won't hold a zero for anything. My advice, have a gunsmith do it.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Freedom CasullFreedom Casull Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad to see someone else uses these old guns also. I have a Remington model 14 slide action in 30 Remington. I use the iron sights on it but my neighbor had a 141 that he had drilled and tapped and my uncle had a 14 that was drilled and tapped. I dont know of any company that makes scope mounts. I dont know how they would work if anyone did. If it were me i I would use the iron sights but if you dont want to I would definitely drill and tap it.
    edited November -1
    guess I will just have to shoot those ol iron sights til my eyes get so bad I can't hit anything over 10 yards away. Won'd spoil a gun by drilling it full of holes. Thanks for your info
  • jds56jds56 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try doing what I did to mount a scope on my .35 Rem. Mod. 141. I epoxied Weaver bases to the top of the receiver to mount the scope on and they have held up, so far, for several hundred shots, some pretty stiff. I wouldn't trust this set up to hunt with but it works fine at the range and the bases are easy to remove after heating with a match flame.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    JDS56; THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO GET A LUMP ON THE HEAD OR MAY-BE A CUT EYE, NEVER TRUST GLUE (I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD) TO HOLD A SCOPE ON.