In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington Model 141

BeaverkillBeaverkill Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need to know if anyone has ever made a scope mount for a rem model 141 that doesn't involve having a gunsmith drill holes for mounting?

Comments

• BeaverkillBeaverkill Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a Rem model 141 in .32 Remington. I read somewhere that the .32 Remington is the same cartridge as a .32 Win Special.. Is this correct? and if it is correct, do you think I should try shooting the .32 Win Special Leverevolution ammo from the gun? (The gun is in good condition)...Thanks!!
    edited November -1
    I've just picked up a Remington Model 141 in 35 Remington. Doing the usual "gearing up" for reloading and such I'll pick up brass and bullets. Hopefully I'm recalling correctly - the "swirls" in the tube magazine are present to allow the use of pointed bullets and do so by preventing the point of one loaded cartridge from resting on the primer of the following loaded cartridge, correct?

If anyone has a "these bullets/weight shot great in my 141 please feel free to mention. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Just picked up a model 141 in .30 Remington caliber. The serial number is 478xx. Just curious of a DOM....

Aaron
    edited November -1
    Anyone have knowledge or experience with this pump rifle.

Looking for likes dislikes, good features and bad features.

Sage 1
  • BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    It is NOT the same. 32 Remington is rimless. 32 Win special is rimmed. Ballistics are the same. Can use the same loading data for both, but are not interchangable.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoulder angle of the two cartridges is way different, too.
    edited November -1
    Thanks BT...I would have figured it out but probably after I spent $25 on the ammo....I did find a box of .32 Rem at a Gun Show, so I still have the chance to take it hunting one day...Also found a resource for custom loaded .32 Rem...