In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rolling Block

mblountmblount Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
did remington make a rolling block double barrel pistol?

Comments

• mblountmblount Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I finally brought home the Rolling Block today.
    Navy Arms, Pedersoli, 45/70, 22" barrel.

How do you keep the extractor in place while pulling the fist lever back? In order to load a shell, the extractor must stay in place, however, it comes back with the lever & goes forward with the lever.
    How is a shell loaded with the extractor in the way??
    I am using spent brass just to check it out, not live ammo.

Thanks for any help. will post pics shortly
    edited November -1
    Does anybody know what a Civil War Winchester Rolling Block is worth in mint condition?
    edited November -1
    Hello,Looking for info/age/value on rolling block, E. Remington & sons, ilion,ny. , serial no. 10475. 24" octagon barrel,could be in 25 short, or rusted out 22lr, chamber face is bigger then 22lr. It is a rim fire. Bore condition is poor. Overall condition good. BUT owner carved his name into metal of receiver (right side), deep and large.Thank you, 243winxb

Join the NRA
    edited November -1
    HELP i aquired this rifle and need any information as to manufacture and date . it is a rolling block 22 cal. barell is octogon 7/8 inch across and 24 inches long has what looks like square rifeling.only markings are (emalchair) under the barell and a belgum proof mark. oval with e l g and a star.any information will be appreciated thanks Marv.
    edited November -1
    hey thanks for all the useful info. on the rolling block.shure some great poeple using this site. I have one more question on this heavy barreld flobert.what was the reason for the square counterbore at the muzzle? saw a pic. of a gun just like mine looked like it was also counterbored
    thanks and make every day count
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need quality photos for identification and valuation.

See link below.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either a whole lot or nothing at all, considering that Remington made the Rolling Block starting in 1867.

OK, an 1865 Split Breech is kinda sorta a rolling block. Actually made for Remington by Savage, according to Flayderman.
    Which still leaves Winchester out in the cold.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It would be worth a lot since there was no such thing. [;)]
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually a early version of the Rolling Block, called the "Split Breech Remington". Was made in 1865, the last year of the Civil War.

Most were sold back to Remington in 1870, by the U.S. Government. Remington promptly sold them to the French, for use in the Franco-Prussian War. Because the French lost the war. Split Breech carbines, are very uncommon and valuable collectors items. Perhaps this is what the OP, is inquiring about?