In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 10/22 barrel

pakenterprisespakenterprises Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a ruger 10/22.Does the the barrel just twist off or what....do some come off and some dont ???

Brian

"Meine Ehre heisst Treue"

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any information on the availability of a 1:7 twist barrel for a 10/22. Something that will stabilize the 60 gr Aguila SSS loads.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old 10/22 that I'm looking into getting a target barrel for. I also want to get a thumb hole stock for it. What would be the best brand of barrel to go with?? And does anyone know were I can find online? Shilen,Butler Creek,Adams & Bennett, Volquartsen.

Thanks
    Saul
  • Options
    amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not a 1-7 but i think green mountain makes a 1-9 twist.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pakenterprises,

Welcome to the GB forums!

According to what I've shot, these subsonic 22LR loads require a 1:9" twist rate to stabilize the 60 gr. bullets. Most of the major manufacturers of 22LR replacement barrels currently stock barrels with a 1:9" twist. As noted, Green Mountain does along with Tactical Innovations, Lilja, Volquartsen, and a host of others. Use a search engine and type in '.22LR replacement barrels'.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.