In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger M77

Ga boyGa boy Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a ruger m77 in 30.06 and I love this gun. I want to do some long range shooting with it in this caliber but I am trying to find a place to get a custom flutted barrel or even just a heavy barrel. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one? Please help
you can email me at johnp@supersuspensions.net

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Did Ruger ever make the M77 in .404 Jeffrey? Saw this advertised in an old Gun Digest. I know they produced the No.1 in this caliber on a limited basis. Thanks for any help.
    Larry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is everyones opinion on the quality of the Ruger M77's?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the approximate value on this gun???

I recently aquired a Ruger M77 in 30/06, serial number 72-31XXX. The gun is in excellent condition, I'd say 90-95%. Did a serial number look-up and from what I can tell the gun was manafactured in 1976.

Also has small engraving on barrel saying "Made in the 200th year of AMERICAN LIBERTY". That really helped solve the date of manafacture for sure.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A few years back,I acquired a Ruger M77R-DZ.I was told by the seller that it was a special order because I questioned the Lamenated stock.I guess my question is "what does the "DZ" mean?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a ruger M77 RP MKII 7.62 X 39MM sold to me by davidson guns. The seraial # is 788-89238.Some one said the serial # would run in the 788-15xxx to 788-48xxx, 2001. My rifle is the blue M77 RP MKII.

Thanks Chuck
  • Options
    shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RZ = laminated stock in colors of green, red and blue-gray.
    VZ = laminated green.
    BZ = two-tone laminated light walnut and medium-tone walnut.
    DZ = Desert camo laminated light reddish brown, light walnut and tan.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks shooter 10.Were they special ordered or not? I have Ronnie Burke's book and nothing mentioned about laminated stocks
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not really a special order but a limited edition distributor model
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    love those M-77s,,and I would think draw some interest if you auctioned it here.