In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sako?

ifishbajaifishbaja Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
does anyone know what the three numbers mean under the bolt handle. on all my Sako bolts, there are three numbers etched into the steel.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    ifishbajaifishbaja Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend is trying to get me to buy his Sako Finbear. He tells me it is a "pre '72 Garcia", and that it is worth more. I have no idea what that means. Does anyone know what Pre Garcia means when referring to Sako rifles?
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what the differnce is, but my price guides prices the garicia rifle at 25% more than the others because they use a L61R action, now I don't know what that is either. But prices are 995 for 100%,895 for 98, 725 for 95. Hope this helps
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Any chance there is a connection to Garcia ,of Abu-Garcia fishing reels? I`ve wondered about that before.When a company is taken over,the originals are worth more.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Garcia Co and another importer called Rymac began importing Sako rifles in 1972. Collectors heavily favor the pre-72 rifles that bear no import marking. Some think there is a decline in quality from 1972; there definitely were some design changes on some models.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com