In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sks

kkp5397kkp5397 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited December 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a Russian SKS, dated 1954,7.62x39. Very good condition looks like new. about what would it be worth. Thanks in advance.

Grayghost

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is $150 a fair price for SKS(china)? It's in good/very good condition and comes with an after market folding stock, a bi-pod and a 30 rd. mag (plastic) It also includes the original clip, 10 stripper clips and wood stock. I've seen over 1,000 rounds fired through it and it seem reliable. Should I pick it up?

PS - and no I'm not in California.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I notice that a few Russian SKS rifles have different magazines on them.
    Did they came with them or were they modified to accept a detachable magazine?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anybody have any opinions on the zytel mags for sks's.
    i see SOG has them for $13 ea. 30 rds.
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats a good way to clean the chamber of an sks? My brush doesnt touch the edges.

Thanks

Larry
    runroom_x.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MUST be getting to old.selling my sks and can:t remender how to get standard mag back in. help please. thanks

DON
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been looking at some SKS's for a while now and I am thinking of getting on to add too the collection. But it seems the SKS is alot like the AK type rifles. Some people look at where it was made. I am looking for a all around good shooter so what would you all think one of the better makers are?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was thinking of trying to order a couple of those Romanian Sks`s before there all sold from SOG if they haven`t already.Was wondering about their quality compared to the Chinese I bought 8 yrs ago.It looks little rough,but hasen`t jammed and shoots under 2 MOA.Any ideas,thanks DD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me how to remove the gerande launching features from my SKS along with the bayonet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for advise on Buyer Beware when shopping for an SKS. Are they all used military weapons 40+ years old or are there new SKS's?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is the SKS Sporter different than a reguler SKS? Will it accept AK mags?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About how mch is a russian sks 1943 7.62x39 in very good condition worth?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can a Chinese SKS be converted to use AK type clips?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what would be a good scope for a sks? It has been said rear mount scopes wont hold. thanks fr any and all advice
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a Chinese SKS. I'm looking to find incentorator rounds for the SKS. I found them once and forgot to book mark the page. Can anyone help me out?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As far as accuracy goes, what can i expect from an sks at 200 yds.
    Would say a Saiga in .223 be a more accurate rifle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hi; i have a friend that moved from pa. to fla,he left sks at my place; now he wants me to ship to him; it is registered to him;what are the best ways to handle this?
  • Options
    dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    43?or 53?all russians that i have seen,or owned were 1950s,if its a genuine 1943 its probably rare.got any pics?
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    SKS is an acronym for Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova , (Self-loading Carbine, Simonov's system, 1945), or SKS 45.

The SKS was first issued in 1945, so its probably a 1948 that was mis stamped.
  • Options
    dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just double checked,the sks was designed in 1945 by simonov,so if you have one marked 43,its either a prototype and very rare,or missmarked.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Based on your sketchy description, it would sell in the $200-$600 range.

If you can post photos showing the finish, type of stock & all markings (including every part with a serial number), we might be able to narrow that down a little.

Neal