In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TC Encore rifle

jgill13jgill13 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am thinking about buying a TC Encore rifle and am trying to decide what caliber barrel to buy for now, I'm sure I'll purchase more in the future. Will use mostly for deer in TN. I already have guns in 30-06, .270, .243, .300 Win Mag, and .308, while I'm not against being redundant in calibers I was thinking about trying a different one, maybe the 25-06, any recommendations??

Comments

• Options
    jgill13jgill13 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A SIL has one of these and likes it. He wants to get another barrel and use it for a black bear hunt in Canada. I recommended the .450 Bushmaster cartridge but I can't find an Encore barrel in that chambering. Do they make one?
  • Options
    lock stock and barrellock stock and barrel Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey jgill13,I have two encores, for which one is set up with a bull barrel in .243 and stock from virgin valley custom guns, the other is set up with a stock .223 . I'm finding the tc encore shoots as well as my ruger mkii varmet. and the custom .243 shoots (5) in the same hole at 100 yds. my next barrel will be a 308 so I can match it up too my 308 ruger which shoots 1"moa 100 yds.the most important thing is to get a trigger spring kit from mike bellm with the cd to show you how to put it in. Plus reload to control powder charge.good luck!~
  • Options
    NGOG_NRYTHRNGNGOG_NRYTHRNG Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever center fire barrel you get, be sure to pick up the muzzleloader barrel. It can extend the deer season for you, and hits like a 7mm Rem Mag. If you are like me, and like getting close to the game, you might try the 45-70 also. Good hunting!
    Ngog