In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walther PP

luv_the_huskersluv_the_huskers Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a Walther PP 9mm Kurz and I am having trouble finding the date it was made. SN#62394A

Comments

• luv_the_huskersluv_the_huskers Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buddy wants to sell me an import marked Walther PP in 32acp. Pistol is in 85% with one mag, no box or papers. He wants $260. I think this is a great deal any thoughts? Gun is not stolen, my buddy is a Deputy Sheriff.
    edited November -1
    I have a pre war commercial walther pp around 1936. Was wondering how to tell the original grips from after market grips. Are there any marks on the backside maybe? Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther PP. 32 SN 100774 P. Any info on value or date of mfg? Tks
    edited November -1
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Walther PP in 22lr. DOM 1967 and no import marks. Overall excellent++ with the original box and papers. What kind of value does the pistol have? Need to make a reasonable offer within the next few days.
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther PP with eagle n marks on the barrel slide and frame. it also has a ByP in an oval on the frame near the trigger guard which has an X over it. no other markings. serial # 90001. I have been told pistol is pre 1945. It is in a brown cardboard box and has two mags. Any info you can give will help, thanks wesley.
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther PP that has no markings at all, no serial no., manufacture, or model. A friend of mine had this pistol that he had gotten from his father. His father told him that he picked up the parts at the end of WWII at the Walther factory. He had enough parts to make two pistols. The parts had no blueing or any stampings of any kind. I know the cal. is 32 and shoots fine. I am wondering does this pistol have any value without any markings. His father did get a serial no. and had it stamped on the grip strap and had it registered.

Gregg
    edited November -1
    Neil is correct.
    This is a late war Walther PP. Late in the war Walther stopped using its' logo on the model PP and PPK. They instead used thier Heerswaffenamt code assigned to them by the Obercommando des Heeres. The code assigned to the Walther firm was "ac". This pistol is marked "ac" indicating as such. However this pistol is mis-matched serial numbers, so therefore value would be much lower. It should have proof markings on it as well. This will either be an "eagle N" or an "eagle 359" or possible even an "eagle C" or "eagle F". The latter 3 of these markings will be located on the frame behind the trigger. The eagle N markings will be located on the right side of the slide, barrel, and frame.

Matt
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever saw a Walther pp with a # on the front strap , where your fingers rap around the grip? This is not the serial # or part of the serial #. I bought used, with the box, but looks almost new and if its been shot, it was not much. Thanks
    edited November -1
    did any Walther pp ever have a dove tail rear sight?
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther PP limited edition 50th Anniverary special - #308 of 500. It is in original hand carved walnut box and has never been fired. Any idea what it is worth?

Sharon R Gowan
    edited November -1
    I just received a Walther PP from a family member. He found it on a German officer who was "in no shape to prevent him from taking it" (WW2). Apparently it is the "rare" pre-WWII model with the bottom magazine release. Just wondering how much its actually worth.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Well worth the money.[;)]
  • big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bargin and give him 239.00 going price from some of the better dealers.

Imported PP's in .32 European police trade - ins -- thats what they were selling for in the late 80's
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    85% is a LOT of wear. I suspect you can pick up a CZ50/70 for $150, in a lot better condition.

Neal
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 80's imports included the box, manual, test target, holster, and 2nd mag for 189.00.
  • ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great price for a German made PP.
    edited November -1
    rsnyder55

DIFFERENT SUPPLIER ,DIFFERENT PRICE , SO WHATS SMALL CHANGE ANYWAY!
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big Mango. More change for reloading supplies!!!

Getting the 51?
    edited November -1
    thinking about it, change may buy it !
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the hijack guys...
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that a little high, and it is still a .32 cal. If I was looking at a CC gun or defense, I would be looking for a .380. .32 is loud, but pretty anemic.