In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What is it?

marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO POST A PICTURE? PLEASE? Without the picture, my request for info is kind of useless....

OK, I saw this at a garage sale the other day. WTH? I looks to be a palm gun of sorts....? The end screws off and it looks like you insert a single round in it, possibly a .32? Then with the black knob in your palm, you compress it and it would appear to fire at that point. I advised the guy to put it away, and let me find out what I can about it. So how about it? Does anyone have a clue? Is it legal? Should I forget that I saw it? Should I buy it?

Thanks GREATLY in advance!!

Comments

• marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I am trying to ID this rifle & all I was able to find were various letters, numbers & characters. I am wondering the age & caliber & any manufacture info. Any IDeas? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for all the photos...theres alot of stamps!

HPIM4977.jpg
    HPIM4979.jpg
    HPIM4987.jpg
    HPIM4986.jpg
    HPIM5047.jpg
    HPIM5051.jpg
    HPIM5053.jpg
    HPIM5054.jpg
    HPIM5055.jpg
    HPIM5056.jpg
    HPIM5057.jpg
    HPIM5060.jpg
    HPIM5061.jpg
    HPIM5062.jpg
    HPIM5064.jpg
    HPIM5068.jpg
    edited November -1
    Trying to figure this one out... Any ideas - make, history & age? Thanks! [:D]

HPIM6317.jpg
    HPIM6316.jpg
    HPIM6318.jpg
    HPIM6319.jpg
    HPIM6322.jpg
    HPIM6323.jpg
    edited November -1
    I have a small 5 shot revolver. The caliber looks to be about 32. On top of the frame is stamped DEFENDER 89. It looks to be a rim fire. Under the wood grips, I find a stamped # 172. Thanks for any info.
    John
    edited November -1
    My late Father-in-law brought back this pistol from Germany in WWII. He took it from a German soldier that tried to shoot him. It is a possible Spanish 7.65mm (32 Auto) semi-automatic pistol w/checkered walnut grip panels. It has MB stamped in the left rear of the frame, and 454 is stamped on the bottom of the barrel. Z.C. is stamped on the baseplate of the magazine. There is a lanyard loop the left lower corner of the grip. The official certificate to bring it home, has it listed as a "Pistol 7.65mm Spanish #24822". I have not been able to find that serial number on the pistol. It may be just some number assigned to it by the military at the time the paper work was done.

Does anyone have any idea who made this gun? The research I have done puts it in Spain, possibly the Eibar region, in the mid 20's. It looks similar to a Ruby, but I'm not sure, based on the poor quality pictures that I have in my books.

I have more pictures if anyone thinks they may help.

Thank you.

WWII-2.jpg
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    First off, hi folks from a newbie to the site. My mother in law inherited a derringer from her father. I have never seen anything like it, no one I have shown it to has seen anything like it and I can't find anything at all about it on the net. It is a swivel barrel 22mag derringer. It say CDM Products Inc. NY NY and has a large 2 on it with long written inside the 2. It says 22 mag on the barrel. It looks to be gold plated with plastic handles. There is a button in front of the trigger that you push to turn the barrel sideways to load or to turn it around to shoot the other barrel. I'm pretty sure it is at least 20 years old and probably older. If anybody knows anything about this gun or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    edited November -1
    I've seen and heard about them, but what exactley is a "stripper clip"?
    edited November -1
    i HAVE A PRE 1900 10 GAUGE SHOTGUN. IT HAS A SIDE BY SIDE DAMASCUS BARREL, AND I CAN'T SEE ANY MARKINGS. ANY HELP ON WHERE TO LOOK OR BOOKS THAT MIGHT BE USEFUL WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    edited November -1
    This brass is rimless & marked Hornady 38 TJ.It's about 3/16" longer than a 9mm with a much larger extractor grove. Anyone got any ideas?
    standard.jpg
    [?] [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg

When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns
    edited November -1
    I have recently come into possession of an action and do not have any idea as to what it is. Maybe someone out there can tell me what I have? Here goes: It has a straight bolt about 2 1/2 inches long.
    It is stamped on the left side of the receiver, STEYR 1912. On the barrel ring it has a crest with a shield and a cross inside the shield. Above the shield appears to be some sort of a sunburst? The action cocks on the opening of the bolt, and it has an internal box type magazine, with some sort of a rotary deal for the shells.
    Anybody know anything, or have a good guess as to what I may have?
    Thanks in advance for any info you might have. [?][?][?][?]

Cliff
    edited November -1
    I have this gun in evidence and don't know what it is, maybe someone can help me.

military in appearance
    short barrel with boyonet lug and shortr heat shield
    magazine attaches from the left side forward of the reciever
    barrel end to back of reciever is tubular in shape
    action is below the barrel and appears to be of stamped steel
    marking on the upper surface of magazine mount "M/78" and what appears to be a serial number another mark appears to be an "S" superimposed over a "V" near the serial number
    underside of magazinie moount is marked "STEN"
    no front sight
    rear sight is a simple peep-hole
    bolt lever is on the right moves straight back and can lock with by rotating upward into a groove
    wood pistol grip seperate from a wood butt stock
    butt plate is brass
    sling swivel on top of the stock near the butt plate
    butt stock maybe detachable
    magazine is about 10 inches long and is loaded with 38 special roounds

gun is in an evidence bag so that's about all I can tell
    edited November -1
    Guy at the shop has a 22 pistol and I can't find it in my books. It says,
    SOC. IT.FLLI GALESI. BRESCIA-CAL 22
    MADE IN ITALY
    Grips look like old ivory and have a fancy circle with the letters AG in the center. There are nemerious marks that look like crowns Etc. What is it worth and how old?
    edited November -1
    Maybe someone can tell me the make and model. This pistol is marked on the barrel "32-20 Long Cartridge". It is stamped over on the bottom of the butt with the serial number. No other markings but the letters "B and G and G " under the stocks. Any help would be appreciated. Don

IDB.jpg

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
    edited November -1
    A good friend recently aquired this double barrel pinfire pistol. The gun is about 10" long and the triggers are fdlush with the bottom of the receiver until you cock the hammers at which time they come down. The bore is about 45 cal and the only markings we can find are ornamentations. The following link takes you to a directory of 3 images. The first is uncocked, the second is cocked and the third with breech open. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Ed
    http://www.auction-picture.com/pic1/igsinc
    edited November -1
    A good friend recently aquired this double barrel pinfire pistol. The gun is about 10" long and the triggers are fdlush with the bottom of the receiver until you cock the hammers at which time they come down. The bore is about 45 cal and the only markings we can find are ornamentations. The following link takes you to a directory of 3 images. The first is uncocked, the second is cocked and the third with breech open. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Ed
    http://www.auction-picture.com/pic1/igsinc
    edited November -1
    [?]Hi, I don't know how formal or casual this all is so I'll keep to the basics. I have a small pistol --chrome colored--on it is stamped YOUNG AMERICA and BULL DOG. It is made by H & R Arms Co. I thought it was a 32 cal., but the 32 shells I have in the house won't go into it. They seem just a little too big. What is it?[:)]

claire f walton
    edited November -1
    I found an item with a lot of reloading equipment.
    It is 5.5" long, 5/8" diameter on one end and 3/4" on the other.
    The 5/8" end appears to be a knurled handle the other has a .45" opening. Inside the open end there is what appears to be a firing pin, the pin is part of a rod that extends inside the handle. There is a knob that extends out the side of the handle and this pin is spring loaded. There is a string exited the opposite end. Stamped on the exterior is: OL P/N 4891050 F33657-72-C-1007.

I think it is a tool to fire a primer in a .44 casing, but am not sure.

Any ideas?
    edited November -1
    I have a 6-24x50 AO scope. It has target turrets and another knob on the left. The only other marking is the word "boresighter" around the objective. SWFA had never heard of it. How about you fellas?
    edited November -1
    My buddy showed me a gun yesterday that is one of three guns his dad traded for an old car 40 years ago.(owned a service garage)
    It is a 12ga. SxS with miller trigger, english stock with fancy checkering and beavertail forestock. Receiver has engraved snipes, pheasents, and a mallard. The release lever even has a woodcock or snipe on it. The engraver signed the receiver. There is deep leaf engraving also.
    The rib has the words (N. LAJOT & Cle LIEGE-BELGIQUE). The bbls. are 26 1/2 in. and are marked (FALLA) on the bottom of both.
    Wonder if someone can tell us where it came from or what this gun is.
    Thanks, Dave.
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to research this for a friend. He called it a skeleton gun. It says on it that it was maid by the Bauer Firearms Corp. of Fraser Michigan. It is a 410 / 3" .22 LR combo. I'm not much of a gun expert but thought I could find some info on line about it. I've come up empty handed until I came across the Gun Broker website. I thought there may be an enthusiast that would be able to shed some light on it. I think he's realy looking to see what the value of it is. Are they rare since no one at the local gun shows seem to have ever seen one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[img]C:\Documents and Settings\MORRIS\My Documents\Gunbroker pic[/img]I cant figure out how to add the picture correctly so if anyone thinks they can figure it out email me at Mkerns@tampabay.rr.com and I'll send you the pic. Thanks in advance for your help.
    edited November -1
    Cannot find any info on this one, it has a number 13 on the left side and 13 in the face of the cylinder. A floral pattern all over and appears to be a .45 or higher caliber. Any help will be appreciated.

PJ

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg
    edited November -1
    i am seeking information on a break open, single shot 12 gauge. it says "victor plain" "american gun co. new york" on its right side and "genuine armory steel" on the top of the barrel. any knowledge anyone could provide would be much appreciated. thankyou!