In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What's it worth?

greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a really nice STOEGER 10 Gauge Magnum DOUBLE BARREL
Shotgun. I have been unable to find information to help me
price. I have the "Blue Book" and "Gun Digest 2004", but no
mention. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS. BOB[:)]

Comments

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    A friend has a S&W model 22-A1 with a Stainless slide and Black frame, Fiber Optic sights and Rose Wood grips (Magazine is completely hidden when inserted). It is in Excellent condition (90%).
    What is it worth? Any input would be appreciated.
    edited November -1
    What would a 1895-45-70 cowboy w/ octagon barrel & bushnell-1.5-4.5 in 95% cond.be worth? And would this gun be very good for deer-hunting,say with the 300-gr. bullit,where I hunt is open-brush mixture.Thanks for all info.Dano..
    edited November -1
    I have an idea, but I wanted some opinions to see if my idea was in line with others.

I have a S&W model 629 with 6" bbl. It is circa 1981/82 and is NIB. It has target grips, target hammer, combat trigger, red ramp front sight and white-outline rear.

It is NOT pinned or recessed, nor is it a full-lugged bbl.! It is still in blue S&W cardboard box, has all paperwork, etc.

I also have a genuine S&W shoulder-holster with it, that is also NIB. The holster is premium and fully finished and lined. It is beautiful!

A friend of mine wants to buy gun / holster from me. He's a friend...not a brother.[:D]

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to keep the gun. But...if I do sell it, I don't want to "give it away" as far as a low price goes.

So....give me some idea(s) as to it's value if sold to a friend.

Thanks in advance!

The "ONLY" bad thing about owning "A GUN" is...not owning two or more!
    edited November -1
    I have a vintage WALTHER /.65 CAL.
    On the right is engraved Carl Walther WAFFENFABRIK Zella St. Blasii.
    On left is SELBSTLADE- PISTOLE CAL /.65.WALTHERS-PATEN
    Behind trigger is 186412.
    There are some cracks in the grips.
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a mission patch from the USS Iwo Jima for the doomed Apollo 13 mission in nearly mint condition. Can anyone help with a value?

Also, I have a S&W 38 S&W lend lease w/5" barrel and 90% on original finish. Great shooting shape, original smooth walnut grips w/very little scarring and no cracks. Any idea $$?
    edited November -1
    Can someone tell me what a Model 70, 225 Winchester with heavy varmint barrel is worth? Very good condition. Never seen one with a varmint barrrel.....
    edited November -1
    I have an old Savage handgun that was my Grandfathers, just wondering what it may be worth.

It a 32 Cal handgun - PAT. NOV.21. 1905
    It's in very good condition. The logo is a bit worn on the handgrip but still ledgible.

Any more info please let me know.

Thank you
    edited November -1
    I currently own a M96 swedish mauser. It is in great condition, accurate and all of the numbers match. It has a single screw on the side but am unsure what is on it as I do not have it with me here. It still has the bayonet lug and the stock is in pretty good shape. I would appreciate any input.[:p][:p]
    edited November -1
    Looking at a Glock 22 in 40 S&W and has interchangeable barrel in 357 Sig as well. Any idea as to its value?
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    I know someone who is trying to sell me his Ithica model 500 overunder 12ga shotgun. It has 2 3/4 chamber, vent rib, made in Japan, engraved sides, very nice condition. I don't know the serial #. He wants $400. How much is it really worth???

Edited by - wittyusername on 04/15/2002 02:07:05
    edited November -1
    I have a Stevens .410 double barrel that is about75-85%. Has a ventilated rib and appears to be in good operating condition. Appreciate any ideas on worth. Thanks,Clay
    edited November -1
    I have a friend interested in selling a Winchester Model 88 in a .308. I don't know anything about them. Does anyone know there value? Any other information would be appreciated. Bshooter
    edited November -1
    Greetings: I have a Colt Python SS with an 8" barrel, I purchased this 18 years ago. The gun has never been fired, the cylinder has never been rotated, the gun has never been handled by anyone. It is in it's original box with all the paperwork from the factory just as it came. It has sat on a shelf in a closet in my bedroom for 18 years. I was curious what it would be worth. I appreciate your help. Thanks...
    edited November -1
    I have this old Savage 12 gauge that was handed down to me when I was probably 12, which would have been about 10 years or so ago. I cannot seem to find any info on it and would rather not order a blue book. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Side of barrel reads: WESTPOINT MODEL 179 TD SERIES E. It is a wood stock pump action 2 3/4 & 3in. 12gauge. I believe it is a youth model. Mainly I am looking for a price value.
    edited November -1
    What are the following worth?S&W model 19 357 6" nickel ANIBS&W model 27 357 6" blue Good-excellentS&W model 27 357 5" blue registeredS&W model 586 357 6" blue good-excellentS&W model 586 357 8" blue excellentColt Python newColt Trooper MK V 357 nickel looks newAlso, what exactly does AS new in box mean? (New in box is obvious).Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    "What is it worth?", "What is it worth?" GOOD GRIEF, are not there people who can just appreciate a nice piece of work for what it is?
    If you like it, want it, or it has sentimental value... what difference does it really make?

fyou.jpg
    GRAMMA STILL THINKS I'M NUMBER ONE!
    edited November -1
    I found a rifle that is in pretty good shape, has little rust, if any, is partially disassembled but have all the parts.

I know very little about it other than what is on the gun itself:

U.S. Springfield Armory - 151508
    Model 1898.

I'm wondering if this gun is not only a collectable, but worth anything.

Thanks in advance!
    edited November -1
    I came across a Marlin 1894 cowboy compition 38 spl. octigon barrel, all case harden steel. The guy won it in a gun raffel, but does not want it. Never been fired by him. New I know is about 940.00 what would be a fair price used? thanks for any opinions you my have.
    edited November -1
    Have a Colt Pocket Positive, 1st issue, in 32 S&W. Original, down to the rust (about 20%). Aside from that, its in good shape, tight and functions well.
    Any ideas as to value?
    Thank you
    Mike
    I have a stainless Browning BDA 380. It has wood handles. Italian made. It says CAL .9 short 380 auto. It appears to be in mint/ near mint condition. No box. Curious to see what it's worth. Thanks for your input!
    edited November -1
    Springfield SAR-4800, 308. Appears to be 95+%, is somewhat discolored around mussel, (these rifles were produced without the flash hider and the barrel is milled down slightly at that point), no scratches, action is tight, bore appears excellent, has both thumb hole and pistol grip stocks. Rifle looks to be in excellent condition.
    I have heard that these have become somewhat collectable?
    Thank you for any help.
    edited November -1
    I have a guy who wants to buy my Colt Python box and papers, anyone know what I should charge for something like that?
    Thanks!
    edited November -1
    I have six boxes of factory Herter's International Match Ammunition in 338 Mag. 200 gr. soft point. The ammo is in excellent shape and the boxes are good to very good. Does this ammo have collector value or should the ammo be shot and the boxes auctioned off?
    edited November -1
    Any ideas on this piece:

4" Colt Diamondback .22 w/Pachmayer grips. Has a separate convertible cylinder allowing for .22 Magnum. Condition is about 98% SN R10438

Thanks

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
    edited November -1
    I have a Thompson Center rifle barrel in .375 JDJ for a G2 contender with a wood stock. The barrel has never been fired. What would it be worth?
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Thank you. I was thinking $50-$75. Would getting it blasted and re-blued improve the value?
  • SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes but not enough to justify the expense.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    So why are all other Colts so valueable and this one not?
    I had a Pocket Positive and I got way more than $50. for it. And that was 15 years ago.
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For whatever reason (Likely the really huge production numbers) the little .32 Colt's generally do not realize much sales potential. Original condition, high condition ()over 90%)Police Positeives and the like generally don't get over the $200 mark. They are nice little guns, but are not attracting a lot of attention.
  • geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    If we are talking about a 1903 1st issue colt (w/hammer) .32 Colt Pocket Pistol, or a 1903 2nd issue hammerless, the value should be around $200 even in fair condition. Going all the way to $850 in VG for the 1st addition model.

Although not highly collectable (due to the number available)I see quite a few at local shows that sell fast. May be the area of the country.

I have several and enjoy shooting them, would be worth reblue as a nice little shooter in my mind, but would agree that not worth the money just to resell.

Best of luck
  • carlos_37carlos_37 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey i have BSA .310 training cadet rifle and it says on it commonwealth of australia on it and im pretty sure its a new south wales training rifle because it has NSW on it and i was just wanting to know what the value of it is, also its a martini action rifle thanx
  • akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    carlos 37, youre kind of going about asking this question the wrong way, you should start a new topic, at the top of your screen when you click on "ask the experts" there should be a button that says "new topic" try that
  • carlos_37carlos_37 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanx for that much appreciated