In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester model 1400

carhauler89carhauler89 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
how do you remove the magazine tube and the magazine throat from this shotgun. It was my Fathers???

Comments

• carhauler89carhauler89 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was given a model 1400 by my dad today and he told me that the gun would not cycle. I have completely disassembled and cleaned the gun, and it still misses the next shell. The serial # is n1121166. The second shell appears that it is being caught to early. I know these guns had alot of problems but I would like to get it fixed and pass it on one day. Thanks in davance for any help.
    edited November -1
    Can I replace the original 2 3/4" full choke 30" plain barrel with a 2 3/4" skeet choke 26" vent rib barrel on a winchester model 1400 semi-auto? Thanks guys, Frank
    edited November -1
    Anybody know anything about this gun????
    edited November -1
    The gun is fixed now it was out of time.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Carhauler89...One of the first shotguns I bought was this gun, a Winchester 1400 semiauto and it has served me faithfully for many years. It has bagged so many ducks and geese in MD and DE that I quit counting years ago. And has never failed me either in the field or shooting trap. So I don't know about the line "...had a lot of problems" as that has not been my experience. I did find, however, early on that it did need to be maintained a bit more than my other shotguns and is more sensitive to dirt and grim than say a Rem 1100 but keep it clean and it never fails to live up to the test. I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed one but my guy still stands tall in my shotgun cabinet so no need. Good shooting!