In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Worth?

SteveM74SteveM74 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a Spandau 1893 GEW 88. It will cost me @ 500-600 to get this gun into shape for shooting. It will need to be rebarreled, forge the bold, fix the safety, drill and tap it for a scope or at a minimum install sights. I am interested in selling it for parts and was looking for opinions on value of that. The bold and action is all that is in decent shape. The barrel is missing the shroud and the stock has been sporterized.
Thanks for any input.

Comments

• SteveM74SteveM74 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just want a feeling of worth of a Glock .40 cal with internal laser sight. Better to separate the two or go for the unit. Glock has less than 50 rounds fired...none since laser installed. Opinions please. Not looking to sell at the moment just some advice. Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have an old rifle that was left to me and was curious to know what it's worth.

It is a 6.5x55 I think and stamped the following:

Carl Gustafs Stads
    Gevarsfaktori

Looks like all the numbers match. Anyone have any idea about the value of this rifle?

Thanks.

Jeff
    edited November -1
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go on the on-line sites that sell parts such as Gun Parts Corp, and see what they are selling parts for. Figure that you can get approximately 50 to 75 cents on the dollar for selling the same parts on the on-line auctions. This is depending allot on the condition/cosmetics of the parts. Your wasting your time by trying to sell rusty, pitted, beat-up parts, for any kind of money. You could buy a decent new hunting rifle off WalMart, for less then it would take to fix up that old kraut rifle. Don't even waste your time/money, on something like that.