In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

year of manufacture

GARY MATHISGARY MATHIS Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find out the year of manufacture of my Webley & Scott 12 gauge 3" chamber single. I now know that it is a quality trap gun with an extreme full choke and that the original monte carlo cheek piece has been removed fron the english stock.

Webley & Scott was purchased by Holland & Holland and now they only make airguns and state clearly on their web site they cannot supply any info on firearms.

Do you think I could get this info by writing to Holland & Holland or are they above supplying this information? The address I have is:

Holland & Holland
31-33 Bruton Street
LONDON
W1X 8JS

Has anyone here written to them or needed info and got it? Was there an individual that you wrote to or received it from?

Captain K if this should not be here please lock the topic and I will ask in the other forum.

I should have stated the sn. no. is 721xx

Comments

• GARY MATHISGARY MATHIS Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have Ruger #1 S# 131-2XXXX When was it made?
    edited November -1
    I AM LOOKING FOR THE YEAR OF MANUF. FOR MY S&W MOD. 29.2, 8&3/8 BARREL, BLUED WITH SER.#N337678, REVOLVER.
    I KNOW I CAN GET A HISTORY FROM S&W BUT I ONLY WANT TO KNOW THE YEAR.

ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WILL BE APPRECIATED.
    edited November -1
    What year was my Sprinfield made and what would it possibly be worth in the book. Stainless 1911 A-1 2 10 round mags.90-95%conditon. Serial # HC 371xx. As always thanks for your replies.
    edited November -1
    I have a Long Tom shotgun given to me by my father and I would like to know if anyone knows what year it was manufactured. There is a #588 and letters "K" and "I" are stamped on the barrel. The letter "I" is also stamped on the trigger group with the same #588. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    can any one tell me what year remington started making thier lightweight shotguns
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the LW-20 1100 was 1970.The LT-20 1100 was 1977.The 870 Lightweight was 1972.Of course, the Model 31 is not exactly a heavyweight, so I guess it depends on which model you're wanting inf on.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com